- 18 days until my beach vacation. Not that I’m counting or anything.
- I started taking a fish oil supplement yesterday. It’s a natural anti-inflammatory, and studies have shown it to be effective in managing inflammation related to autoimmune conditions. I figure it can’t hurt. There are lots of benefits, and I made sure I got the good kind (no mercury and other crap). I haven’t taken Methotrexate in 25 days and so far I am flare free. (*knocks on wood*) I am still taking Celebrex, which I’m sure is helping a bit.
- I have been Tamoxifen free for 18 days. I can tell the estrogen is starting to do its thing again. I’m more emotional (how is that even possible?). I’m having minor breakouts. But overall having estrogen back is fucking awesome. It’s going to be hard to start up again in August. I have a lot of very serious consideration to give this issue.
- This was a good weekend, but it went by way too quickly. I’m grateful that this is going to be a short work week. I’m just not feeling it lately.
- I have eaten way too many cupcakes this weekend. I have to throw the rest of them out tomorrow. I cannot be trusted around baked goods. The problem is that I’m starving and want to eat fucking everything. Estrogen, is that you?
- Everything hurts. Jillian Michaels isn’t playing around.
- Is it bedtime yet?
Yesterday morning I completed day 1 of Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred.
This morning I can feel EVERY SINGLE MUSCLE IN MY BODY HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
So at least I know it works, right? How will I survive 30 days of this? (talknboutluvdancnboutarktecture warned me it was no joke. She was correct.)
None of this stopped me from eating a cupcake for breakfast. Priorities.
Nickname: Jenn. Never Jenny. Only my grandmother got away with calling me that, and she’s dead now, so…don’t.
Height: 5’6 (and a ½)
Zodiac sign: Cancer
Favorite thing about yourself: My determination.
Worst habit: My general awkwardness. It’s painful.
Fun fact: I once accidentally brought pot into the courthouse. It was in my purse and went through the scanner and past the drug dog. I got lucky. 🙂
Identity, Sexuality & Personality
Gender identity: Female
Sexual preference: Penis, though I’ve had some experience with the ladies in the past.
Romantic preference: I love romance. I adore cutesy texts, cuddles, saying I love you, special date nights, and getting flowers. That stuff makes me happy.
“Kinsey Scale” score: 2. (Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual.)
Relationship status: Divorced. Currently in a two year relationship with the love of my life.
Myers/Briggs type: INFJ
Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(50%) Judging(78%)
Hogwarts house: Gryffindor
“Early Bird” or “Night Owl”: Night Owl. I hate getting up in the morning.
Morning routine: Hit snooze at least 2-4 times, pee, shower, put on make-up, fix hair, get dressed, get the kiddo ready if he’s with me, walk the dog, grab a diet pepsi, and leave.
Bath or shower: Shower
First thought in the morning: Motherfucker really?
Last thought before falling asleep at night: I always calculate how much sleep I can get before the alarm goes off, and then I usually think about work or sex.
Do you work or are you a student: Work
Where do you work/study: My law firm.
What do you do: Lawyer. Consumer Bankruptcy Law & Criminal Defense.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years: Cancer free, rich, and happy. Hopefully living in a super fancy house with a swimming pool.
Habits (Do you … )
Drink: A lot. Beer and wine mostly.
Smoke: No. Yuck.
Do Drugs: Some.
Exercise: Walking, running, and the occasional yoga. Wanna start PiYo, I think.
Have a go-to comfort food: burritos and cookies.
Have a nervous habit: clenching teeth and tapping my foot.
What is your favorite …
Physical quality (in yourself): eyes
In Others: Smile & eyes. Then the ass.
Mental/emotional quality (in yourself): Strength of will. I’m a fighter.
Drink: Diet Pepsi
Animal: fat orange tabby cats. i want one.
Artist/Band/Group: DMB for life.
Author/Poet: I can’t pick just one. Sorry.
TV Show: Game of Thrones
Actor: I don’t really give a shit about such stuff, but probably Jeff Bridges because The Big Lebowski. Duh.
Actress: Kate Winslet or Angelina Jolie
Blogger: Bitches Gotta Eat. You’re welcome. ❤
Mama, I wish I could keep you forever, because you are the best.
- I went to the mall last night, so I decided to try to find some shorts. I don’t ever wear shorts, and now I remember why. It’s difficult to find cute, age appropriate shorts. There are two types of shorts as far as I can tell: frumpy as fuck old lady *or* oh hi my ass is hanging out. So I bought three casual dresses instead at H&M. Fuck it. (Of course, there aren’t many good clothing stores at the Chesterfield mall, so maybe that was the problem.)
- The OITNB season 2 binge watch has commenced.
- I need to figure out what I want to read next. I’m in a bit of a rut right now.
- I should really be at the gym right now, but I’m on the couch watching Netflix instead. #noregrets
- And I think wine needs to happen.
- This was a great weekend, but I haven’t slept in my own bed since Wednesday night, so I’m kind of looking forward to doing so tonight.
- I cannot wait to pick Jackson up from day camp tomorrow afternoon. I miss him so much.