I don’t get it when couples share a Facebook page. It’s free. Get your own.
I have seriously overhauled my attitude these past few weeks. I truly do believe that your attitude plays the biggest role in how you feel on a day to day basis, and with that in mind, I have committed to maintaining a good attitude whenever possible. Of course, sadness creeps in from time to time. That happened to me yesterday and a little this morning. In the past, I might have allowed myself to dwell in those feelings for a day (or three), but fuck that noise. Now I’m addressing it head on. I can feel it for a bit, and if I need to cry then I will. Then I get up and turn on “Shake It Out” by Florence and the Machine. Singing and dancing to that song never fails to put me in a better mood. Then I will write a list of the good things I have going on in my life. Here’s my list:
- I can’t believe it is already Friday. I love short weeks. This one flew by. I’m quite excited for this weekend. I pick up cute face this afternoon. Tonight we have dinner plans with old friends. Tomorrow we have much shopping to do. Sunday night I’m going to a highly anticipated concert with Ann (and hopefully my super cute cousin). Plus, there will be much working out inserted throughout.
- I can feel every muscle in my body because I have been working my ass off at the gym. I’m in the best shape of my life.
- My relationship is better than ever. Proper communication really does make the biggest difference.
- Lake trip!
- Business is going really well. Sometimes I look at what we have built and I can’t believe it. We quit our jobs with $6000.00 in the bank and an idea of how we thought a law firm should be run. Look at us now. It’s amazing and wonderful.
- Rekindling relationships with old friends and family has me feeling really happy.
- I feel like all of my relationships are stronger right now, because I am putting the effort into them that they deserve.
- I’m moving to my dream apartment, in my dream location, in less than two weeks.
- I am lucky enough to be loved by many amazing people, and they are not shy about letting me know it.
- Every day I feel the grip breast cancer has had on my life these last seven months slowly loosening.
Life is good. I have to remember how lucky I am.
The highlight of my day was reserving the hotel room for my upcoming trip to the lake. I’m quite excited. This is a much needed break from reality, and my first real trip with the boyfriend. Yay!
I’m trying to decide if I should buy the CrossFit Groupon. It’s for the location closest to my new apartment, and I’ve been wanting to try it out. Hmm.
Ha ha. This…so much.
- Masterchef is back. Yay. Some guy’s specialty is cooking roadkill for dinner. Um…puke. Beaver tail? No thanks.
- This was a great weekend. The best I’ve had in a long time.
- Danielle is on her way to being my new bestie. We have way too much fun together.
- My nails look fabulous. Gel french manicure is a major win, as was girls’ afternoon with Danielle and Kristie.
- I’ve discovered I am now a size 2 dress size. Fuck yes. My hard work is really paying off.
- The down side is that I have a lot of dresses to give away, and a lot of stuff I need to buy.
- I went to a family bbq today and had an excellent time. I need to spend more time with that side of the family. They are amazing. I have an invitation to spend the 4th with them, and I think I just might.
- Week two of rads is completed, and I’m feeling pretty good. My skin is a little pink and slightly sore, but nothing I can’t handle. I hope it stays that way.
- I’m running a Memorial Day 5k tomorrow morning (because my trainer is making me). I’m hoping I’ll set a new post-chemo personal record. I’m also hoping it doesn’t rain.
- I had a consultation for lash extensions, and she said my lashes aren’t long enough yet. I’m supposed to go back in a month. (I rocked fake lashes for my big date last night, and I must say I did a pretty good job. We looked really good. I wish I had gotten a pic.)
- I got to experience three new places this weekend: Top of the Riverfront, Flying Saucer, and Rooster. I love exploring St. Louis. I plan to make more of an effort to do so.
- The Biotin supplements seem to be working. My eyebrows are really filling in.
- One week from now I will be watching The Neighbourhood in concert! I found out today that my cousin and her husband are going too. This is going to be super fun.
I could really use a cupcake right now. There should be a 24 hour cupcake delivery service. Yep.
I’m in bed with my nook. The only way this gets better is if I’m also eating a cupcake.
It has been a long day.