- Lose track of time playing Infinity with your super cool kid.
- While drinking lots of Diet Pepsi (which you couldn’t get in Mexico and missed a ton)
- And while listening to old school DMB. (Rhyme & Reason, baby. My boyfriend got me listening to Under The Table And Dreaming again. Great album.)
- Go to the mall for impromptu shopping and lunch date with your favorite person. (Nordstrom Anniversary Sale – need I say more?)
- FREE GIFTS WITH PURCHASE. (Lancome ftw. It’s really great stuff. So impressed.)
- Burn all the calories. 30 Day Shred.
- Then say “Fuck it” and decide to eat whatever you want. Leftover Jet’s Pizza for dinner. Happening.
You know that episode of SATC where Miranda keeps eating the chocolate cake and so she throws it in the trash, but then she eats it out of the trashcan, so then she dumps dish soap all over it?
I feel like that is about to be my life.
I need a birthday cake intervention.
I woke up twice in the middle of the night and completely freaked out because I had no idea where I was. I was in my own bed. It was so crazy.
Then this morning I woke up almost hyperventilating because of a
dream nightmare in which I was told I had cervical cancer.
Oh and I feel like absolute shit on top of all that nonsense.
Sounds like a Xanax kind of morning.
Things that make me happy:
- Being reunited with Jackson.
- The yummy dinner my bf made tonight.
- Tomorrow is Friday.
- This month’s ipsy glam bag.
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell (currently reading)
- Birthday cake.
- The current state of my savings account.
- The cooler temperatures in STL this week. Love it.
Things that confuse me:
- People posting their personal drama on Facebook and then getting pissy when other people start commenting on it.
- My clients.
- The fact that I’m really tan. (Well for me anyway). Obviously I understand how this happened, but it has never happened before in my 35 years of life. Why now?
Things that make me sad:
- The end of vacation.
- The number on my scale this morning.
- The fact that I need to throw away the leftover birthday cake tomorrow.
Jackson insisted we have a birthday party tonight. So we did. We bought a Wii U and Disney Infinity. Dave made a yummy dinner. And there was cake, of course. 35 is off to an excellent start.
Best birthday ever.
Best vacation ever.
Best boyfriend ever.
I’m ridiculously happy.