Monthly Archives: May 2014
Pic #1: at the office. Stressed. Tired. Not amused.
Pic #2: at home. My sweet boy makes everything better.
a pretty box of your evil
I was tagged by my-sexless-marriage.
RULES: You can tell a lot by a person based upon what music they listen to. Hit shuffle on your ipod, itunes, phone, media player, etc. Write down the first 20 songs then pass this on to 10 tagged people. ONE RULE: NO SKIPPING.
Unfortunately, I can’t just shuffle since I listen to music mostly via Spotify where everything is separated into playlists. But here are the last 20 songs I’ve listened to:
- Habits (Stay High) – Tove Lo
- We Sink – Chvrches
- Dangerous – Big Data
- Japanese Eyes – Kitten
- Open Up (That’s Enough) – The Dead Weather
- Lies – Chvrches
- Normal Person – Arcade Fire
- All Too Well – Jill & Kate (cover)
- I Burn – The Toadies
- Float – The Neighbourhood
- I Couldn’t Be Your Friend – Tegan and Sara
- #41 – Dave Matthews Band
- Cortez, The Killer – Dave Matthews Band (cover)
- Kill The Light – Kitten
- Recover – Chvrches
- Little Talks – Of Monsters and Men
- Shadowboxer – Fiona Apple
- I Know – Fiona Apple
- After Midnight – blink-182
- Little Earthquakes – Tori Amos
Tags: canyoukeepapromise, karaisafourletterword, itsjustcarrie, talknboutluvdancnboutarktecture, archcitydowager, callmekariss, eyesopenwide, justanotherinternetbitch, treebursts, sceneryofme
my heart just exploded
Per the parenting plan, this isn’t my year to have Jackson on Memorial Day, but I was offered the chance to take him, and of course I said yes. So now we are sitting around putting Iron Man stickers on everything. It’s strangely fun.
The original plan was that I was going to assemble the bike I bought for him last week. I opened the box, took out the instructions, and immediately started laughing. First of all, I don’t even have all the tools I need to put it together (FAIL), and well…step one looked rather difficult. Luckily, the boyfriend offered to put it together tomorrow night. (He’s a keeper. <3) This is one area in which I simply fail, and to be honest I have no real desire to do anything about it.
When I picked Jackson up from his dad’s house, he was wearing a breast cancer tee that his grandmother bought for him, which I thought was really cute. He’s really proud of it. He feels like he’s supporting his mommy. ❤
(There is a pink ribbon on the back.)
He came up to me earlier, put his arms around me, and said, “Mommy, we are a family, and I love you.”
The boyfriend’s band is playing tonight. They sound better than ever.
i bet you didn’t know that i was dangerous
- Fuck yes it’s Friday!
- I got another cortisone shot in my right knee this morning. OUCH. But it will be so worth it. I’m also adding a new med into the mix. I hope it’s effective. I’m so tired of these psoriatic arthritis flare-ups.
- I was referred to as a “young lady” today. I giggled. In two months I will be 35. How the hell did that sneak up on me? Didn’t I just have a birthday?
- I’m five days into my 30 Day Fitness Challenge(s). I’m up to a 40 second plank and 70 squats. That plank is a bitch. I ran 4 miles Tuesday night with a
semi-decentbetter than I expected time. However, I’ve decided to worry less about time. I’m likely never hitting pre-chemo pace ever again. Whatever. I’m doing this for fun and fitness, so why stress?
- I’m closing this office early today. It’s time to get the weekend started.