I wrote this long post just catching up on random topics and I deleted it because meh.
I feel like maybe I needed this more when I felt like my life was lacking something. I don’t feel that way anymore. My life feels very full, and I just want to savor those moments; keep them to myself.
I’m sure I’ll snap out of it at some point. Maybe even later today. Haha. I’m nothing if not fickle as fuck.
I’ve decided to do another blogging challenge. I found one that will work with a bit of tweaking.
DAY ONE: Your Goal(s) for the Month of September
- Unpacking, unpacking, and more unpacking. So. Many. Boxes.
- Exercise more. At least 3 x per week cardio plus personal training x 1.
- Drink more water. Drink less booze.
- Read more. TBR list: The Handmaid’s Tale (book club pick), The Woman In Cabin 10, and at least two others.
- Get back into the habit of my daily journaling (personal).
- Try at least one new recipe.
- More self-care.
- Continue to purge items I no longer use/need. Practice minimalism.
I try to post every day, even if it is just a pic or a random observation.
Abandoned and/or rarely updated blogs make me sad. I always wonder what happened to the author. Is life so good that they can’t find time to write? That’s what I always hope for. Or did something bad happen? For a while, I had a lot of cancer patient/survivor friends, and I would lose it whenever they would fail to update for a while. For obvious reasons.
Anyway, I’ve been hard on myself lately because I’ve been feeling kind of boring. Happiness can seem boring sometimes. Like the mundane details of my little domestic bliss are exciting to me, but probably not so much to my readers. But…then I remembered that the purpose of this blog is to have a digital scrapbook of my life, and so I should just go ahead and record the mundane along with the exciting. It’s all about the journey, and those details matter. Well…they matter to me anyway.
I read a lot of personal Tumblr blogs written by friends, but this list will concentrate on blogs written by people I don’t know in real life.
- Story by Modcloth
- A Little Earthquake – cancer blog/personal. Hasn’t been updated in a few months. I hope that changes.
- The Bloggess – I’ve always been bad about staying up to date on this one, but now it’s in my WordPress feed so yay!
- STL Hops – because beer.
- The Dressed Aesthetic – fashion blog. My favorite.
- when people are late
- when people drive for a long time with their blinker on (for no reason)
- when a parent refers to their child as “mini me”
- poor grammar
- when people don’t respect personal space
- mother fucking snap chat
- poor hygiene
- long winded people who just want to hear themselves talk. just get to the fucking point already.
I sound like a total asshole.
I hear the fountain roaring and people chatting.
I see lots of people, flowers, and wine.
I’m touching Dave’s ass. And my wine glass.
I smell flowers, fresh air, and alcohol.
I taste all the wine.
My current life soundtrack is as follows:
- Spirits by The Strumbellas
- Run or Hide by Run River North
- Doing It To Death by The Kills
- Bored To Death by Blink-182
- Circadian Rhythm by Silversun Pickups
- Conqueror by Aurora
- Don’t Hurt Yourself by Beyonce
- Graveyard Whistling by Nothing But Thieves
- The Last Thing on My Mind by The Joy Formidable
- Ban All The Music by Nothing But Thieves