Monthly Archives: July 2015
For real though…
My bf taught me how to parallel park (at the ripe old age of 36) and it has changed my life.
Having gotten home and removed my bra, I am at least 50% happier. Bras are fucking evil.
are we there yet?
- I spent the day running around Saint Louis, visiting various courts, and now I’m fried. Busy day was busy.
- Lunch today consisted of me shoving a taco into my face with one hand, while I used the other to steer the car. Somehow I didn’t make a huge mess. Go me.
- I cannot wait to take this bra off. OMFG it’s killing me.
- Tonight the bf and I are having burritos for dinner. It’s pretty much all I’ve been thinking about all day.
- Then he’s putting together my treadmill while I go have drinks with a girlfriend. How awesome is that? He’s a keeper for sure.
- I’m grateful that chocolate banana ice cream martinis exist, and even more grateful that I’ll be having one later.
- I took a power nap on my office couch, but it didn’t help much.
- I’m so happy tomorrow is Friday I could cry.
these go to eleven
1. What is your go to Alcoholic beverage, if you drink?
Bell’s Two Hearted Ale
2. What is the one thing you would NEVER drink again due to getting sick from over-consumption?
It’s a tie between Jack Daniels and peppermint Schnapps. *shudder*
3. If you knew when and how you were going to die, would you tell people?
I would. The people I love would have the right to know. Arrangements would need to be made.
4. If you could turn back time, what is the one thing you would do to change your life today?
I wouldn’t change anything. I love where I am in life, and who knows where I would be right now without all of my past experiences…good and bad?
5. What were your favorite TV shows as a kid?
The Smurfs. Seems weird now, but I loved that shit back in the day. Then when I got older, I loved Beverly Hills 90210. Oh and Full House. and Friends.
6. What is your earliest memory?
My earliest memory is of my step-father beating up my mom while she was pregnant with my sister. Yep.
7. Use 2 words to describe your best friend.
8. Would you sacrifice your life for a total stranger?
9. If you had to lose one of your 5 senses, which one would you choose and why?
Smell. It just seems like the least important. I can’t imagine a life where I couldn’t see, hear, taste, or touch.
10. What is your all time favorite song lyric?
The future is no place to place your better days. (Cry Freedom – Dave Matthews Band)
11. What is your greatest fear?
That I won’t be around to see Jackson grow up.
Thanks for the questions, thekiltedginger!!
on my mind: monday musings
I overslept this morning so I kept my kid home from camp. I also have a headache and my joints hurt. Yay Monday! The good news is that I only have to go into the office for a couple of hours this afternoon to do some interviews. We have two left and then we have a big decision to make!!
What sounds really amazing right now is a good book, a chai latte, and a kitten pile.
Speaking of kittens, Freya and I had a long conversation yesterday about what kind of kitten we want to get when we all move in together. (Dave has surrendered to the idea that this is happening.) So we googled pics of kittens and giggled about how cute they were. ❤
I love spending time with both of the kids, but they are exhausting. That said, it’s awesome that they want to include me in everything they are doing: play hide and seek with us, play Minecraft with us, let’s play Sorry, let’s play Mario Party. It makes my heart happy.
Unfortunately, my entire day was under a bit of a dark cloud due to the family drama. The problem with associating with my family is that it brings up bad memories and puts me into a funk. I hate that my childhood unhappiness can still exert so much control over my present state of mind. I’m hopeful, however, that maybe if we can get together and make some good memories that I can start to move past it.
I have a big deposition tomorrow morning and I’m anxious about it.
Dinner date with the bestie tonight. We have much to catch up on. Sounds like we will need wine.
I wrote a poem last night. Who am I?