We headed out on our road trip this morning. We have been in five states today: Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, and now Georgia. We are spending two nights in Atlanta before moving on.
We stopped in Paducah, Kentucky for lunch. We ate at a delightful little micro brewery. The beer and food were really great.
For now you can have my shitty iPhone pics –
Next stop was dinner in Chattanooga, TN. We stopped at a place called Flying Squirrel Bar, which was a hipstery craft beer type place in an old hangar. It was very cool. Good food and beer.
We finally made it to Atlanta. We are staying downtown. Our room is on the 27th floor so the view is pretty sweet.
I am exhausted. Night, night.
It’s getting harder to relax at home because there are boxes everywhere. Everything is in disarray. I feel cramped. Crowded. I’m looking forward to getting out of here for a week.
When I get back, I’m going to schedule the movers. I’m having them move all of my stuff into a storage unit. So I also need to acquire a storage unit.
Moving is stressful, and I hate it. This will be so very worth it though. I get to move in with my best friend. How awesome is that?
The drywall is up at the house. That was exciting to see.
I saw Me Before You this afternoon. I thought it was really well done. (The book is one of my faves). Emilia Clarke was perfect. I cried a lot, of course.
(Also – Tywin Lannister sighting! ^^^)
My sense of time is so off this week. I keep thinking it’s Thursday.
I miss Gringo. Mission Taco just isn’t as good. I don’t care what anyone says.
D and I went to Left Bank Books last night to browse and it was delightful. I love book stores. I ended up not getting a book though because I just couldn’t choose. It takes me forever to choose my next read. So I bought yet another journal. This one has dinosaurs on it though.
The best part of the book store? There was a cat!!!
Relevant quote: “Choosing a new book was like looking for a treasure.”
As of right now, I’m officially on vacation until Friday July 8th. I’m still sitting at my desk, however, because even though vacation was supposed to start last night at 5 pm, you are never truly on vacation when you’re the boss. *sigh*
I’m about to head out though, and I have a bunch of crap I need to do –
- Run by Metro Lighting to pick out the light for the back porch
- Drive by the house and check on the progress (this is more of a want than a need, but I won’t see it again for a while, so…)
- Shopping for stuff I need for the trip
- Pick up the kiddo
I also want to squeeze in an afternoon movie. I am torn between Me Before You and The Conjuring 2.
I’m so excited for this break. I really, really need it. So does D.
Peace out. xoxo
Note to self: plant cat nip in new yard.
I’m confident D will approve of this plan. Hahaha.
I’m rage-y as fuck today. I’m ready to be on vacation now.
THIS POST WILL CONTAIN GAME OF THRONES AND SILICON VALLEY SPOILERS
OMG the season finale of GoT was fucking incredible. Let’s recap the awesomeness:
- Jon is Lyanna’s daughter, which I totally knew was coming. So if Rhaegar is his father then he is a Stark/Targaryen. He and Dany are totes getting married (because that’s what Targaryens do, right?). After they annihilate the white walkers. That’s my prediction.
- When Dany named Tyrion Hand of the Queen I almost cried. It was soooooo adorable. Love them.
- Cersei. Don’t fuck with Cersei. JFC. She’s a bad ass bitch. Holy fuck.
- Tommen. Bye, bitch.
- The King in the North. Love it.
- Sansa has become one of my favorite characters. She has really grown.
- Last but definitely not least: Arya. FUCK YES. I hate Walder Frey so fucking much and when she slit his throat I cheered.
There were some amazing Silicon Valley quotes tonight:
- “Your dicks would have blown out the back of your assholes if you had seen it.”
- “My lawyer’s in jail.” (To which D remarked, “I hope I never have to say that.” haha)
I’m interested to see where they take it next season now that Erlich and Big Head own the company. Stupid fucking Richard.
Isn’t Erlich the best though? I want to smoke a bowl with him.
Oh and HBO previewed a bunch of new shows/mini series; several of which look super awesome. I def want to watch The Night Of. Divorce looks interesting as well.
My favorite show is now over for like a year. I guess it’s time to start back up with OITNB.
- Fat cats are the best cats. Violet is a big old fatty and I fucking love it. She gives the best cuddles. I love rubbing her enormous , soft, furry belly. Today I met my mom’s boyfriend and his tiny little outdoor cat, Juju. Juju is cute, but he cuddles for shit. Fat cats for life.
- Yesterday my bestie came over and helped me pack up a bunch of shit. There’s still so much to do. *sigh*
- I bought an American flag string bikini to wear on vacation. D is super excited. He’s been trying to get me to buy one for a while.
- Season finale of GoT tonight!! It’s bittersweet.
- I’m bummed that the weekend is almost over, but I only have a 2 day work week so…
- I’m in the mood to
- It’s 6:42 pm and I’m already fighting to stay awake.