It’s that time of year again. I love lists and I love goals, so here I go:
- Professional Development. I need to focus on career development. I need to go to more CLE courses and seminars. I’m thinking of finally joining the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA), and attending their annual conference in April, which is in NYC. I’ve never been to NYC, so that sounds like a good plan to me. I also need to take more time to read the professional journals and the local bk list serve. I’m also still considering, as I have been for a few years now, pursuing the LLM in Bankruptcy. Decisions, decisions.
- Travel. I need to make this a much bigger priority in my life. So far I’m planning another beach trip, a water park trip with the kiddo, that trip to NYC, and possibly a trip to Scotland. I also want to do a girls trip with the besties. (Traveling more was also a goal in 2013, and I managed a trip to Nashville, the Lake, and Cancun. Not too bad for a girl with cancer).
- Running. I’m going to continue trying to improve. I’m signed up for another half-marathon in April. I want to improve my 5k time. I’d love to get back to pre-cancer pace. I’m hoping my knee won’t continue to interfere. Stupid arthritis.
- Try (more) new things. On the agenda so far: painting class, cooking class, book club. I also want to check out some local spots I haven’t made it to yet, like The Royale and Olio. I live so close to them that there’s no excuse not to go.
- Spend less time on social media. I’ve been doing this lately, and it has improved my mood. Enough said.
- Rebuild my savings. Cancer killed my savings account. I need to rebuild it. I’m going to do the 52 week savings challenge as a minimum starting point. Also, I’m going to be contributing to a 401k starting in January.
- Read 36 books in 2014. I managed to read 32 ½ books in 2013. My goal was 24, so I’m pleased. Getting back into reading has been one of my favorite things about 2013.