THIS is how you do breast cancer awareness videos. Crying
And this is why I will suck it up and finish my treatment no matter how bad it gets. Because I am lucky enough to only be Stage 2b. Because I have quite a few people I’m not ready to leave behind. Because it will reduce my risk of recurrence. Because I am strong and I can do this. Fuck off, cancer.
- I love Jennifer Lawrence. She is so real, and super hilarious and cute. It’s refreshing.
- I now clean my apartment in 15 minute bursts. I clean for 15 minutes and then I sit for 15 minutes. Repeat. This cycle never really ends on the days/nights I have Jackson. He’s like a mini tornado, and destroys everything in his path.
- I was in bed by 8:00 last night, and it was glorious. Don’t hate.
- I’ve been saving up money to buy new furniture/redecorate my apartment. Over the weekend, I acquired a new bedside lamp, a duvet set, and some new pillows. Next up: end tables, night stand, and a new headboard. I like upholstered headboards. I found one that is a good deal, and will be ordering it soon.
- I need more color around here. I’ve noticed that everything is a neutral color, with the exception of my red chair, which was acquired post separation. When you are married, you have to buy stuff your partner likes too, and that is very restricting. Well not anymore! I am buying the most outrageously girly stuff and I love it. Everything is colorful, has flowers, owls, or something similarly cutesy. It’s fun to be free to discover what I actually like, and then go get it. I’m a fan of living alone.
cat-noel said: What’s in Iceland?
Iceland is full of awesome stuff. First of all, it’s gorgeous. The beach, mountains, water falls, etc. Hiking is very popular. There are hot springs to swim in. Whale watching. Puffins! You have a great view of the Northern Lights if you go at the right time of year. There is a really cool nightlife scene in Reykijavik. The food is supposed to be incredible. Basically, it is full of win, and I want to go.
Oh my goodness, this is like the nicest thing ever. Thank you for making me smile.
I feel better after writing my chemo rage post in the middle of the night. It was good to get that out. I’ve decided that today is going to be a good day. I need and deserve a good day.
I didn’t sleep much last night, so I had a lot of time to think. I’ve decided to make a list of things I want to do and places I want to go. Then I’m going to start doing those things asap. For example, I’ve always wanted to go to Iceland. So I’m going to work on figuring that out.
In other news, Jackson’s new thing is hugging me and saying, “You’re so cute, mama.” He’s so sweet. He’s the best person I know.