Being his mom is the best thing I’ve ever done.
Tag Archives: jackson
This was my baby exactly four years ago today. Sometimes, I really love Timehop.
I’ve watched this like six times today.
- I’m still exhausted from Iceland and trying to adjust to the time zone change. It’s a bitch.
- Last night, Dave and I drank our Welcome Back to America Pale Ale (yum) and watched two new episodes of It’s Always Sunny. The first one (The Gang Beats Boggs) was fucking hilarious. (I can’t really remember the second one because I kept falling asleep.) I’m so glad it’s back. Best show ever.
- Next week I’m registering Jackson for kindergarten. What. The. Fuck. How is this even possible? Where did the time go?
- I have a bunch of stuff on my desk and absolutely zero desire to do anything with it. It’s so hard coming back to work after a fabulous vacation. I spent most of my day yesterday going through the 292 unread emails in my inbox.
- I’m looking forward to a great weekend with my boy. I promised him we would cuddle, watch movies, and play board games. I’m also looking forward to Wolpertinger (beer festival) on Sunday afternoon. This year will be even better than the last b/c the bf will be with me. Yay! We love these beer drinking events.
- I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but I’m so glad it’s Monday. I’m glad the funeral is over. It was one of the hardest days ever. I seriously couldn’t have made it through without my bf. He has been so amazing throughout this nightmare. He took excellent care of me yesterday. He drove me to the funeral, and sat with me for over six hours. He held me while I cried. He fed me when it was over. He’s amazing, and I didn’t think it was possible to love him anymore than I already did, but somehow I do.
- He also met my family for the first time yesterday. Obviously it wasn’t the ideal circumstances under which to meet them, but it went pretty well all things considered.
- In other news, I’m super excited about Thanksgiving this week. I want pie.
- I finally get to see Jackson tonight. I haven’t seen him since Tuesday morning, so I’m very anxious to get him home. I’m excited that we will be together every day for the next week, with the exception of tomorrow. We need some mommy/son bonding time. I think the hardest part of my brother’s funeral was seeing my mom fall apart. Her baby died. I kept thinking: what if it was Jackson? And then I would feel like I couldn’t breathe. Losing a brother is hard. Losing a child…there are no words.
- The bf and I restarted My Fitness Pal today. My starting weight is 130.1. I want to lose about five pounds, but I’m going to try to not obsess over it. The goal is to be more calorie aware and more active. Thanksgiving is definitely going to be a cheat day though. That was already discussed. (if you use the app, please add me, as I need the encouragement: lawgirljenn)
- I’m currently reading a book called After I Do by Taylor Reid. It’s (fiction) about a married couple who is falling out of love, and decide to take a one year break from their relationship. I’m not done yet, but I’ve identified with quite a bit of what I’ve read, and I think it’s a good read for anyone (but especially a female) who has gone through a separation (or divorce).
- Happy Monday. Life is short: eat the cake, drink the beer, and tell your people that you love them. This is my new motto. ❤
Jackson’s birthday is on Sunday. He will be five years old.
He’s back home tonight (finally), and he just told me he wants a baby brother for his birthday.