Why do I think this show is so funny? I think there may be something wrong with me. I watched all 13 episodes today instead of working, though they are only like 5 minutes long. Still…I fail at life.
This month I read four books.
- The Sorrows (by Johnathan Janz). A great horror novel.
- The Fault in Our Stars (by John Green). A story of two young terminal cancer patients who fall in love. I love Green. His book Looking for Alaska is also great.
- The Red Devil: To Hell with Cancer and Back (by Katherine Russell Rich). Memoir of a breast cancer survivor.
- Damned (by Chuck Palahniuk). A story about a 13 year old girl who dies and goes to hell, and sets off on a journey to find out why she has been damned. Satire. I enjoyed it, but the end was a bit disappointing. I think there is going to be a sequel.
I’m trying to figure what to start reading for February. I have heard a lot of good things about Gone Girl, so that may be it.
I recently discovered The Most Popular Girls in School. Late to the game, I know.
Seriously though, that shit is hilarious.
Neil Finn & Friends – Anytime (by roadofrarotonga)
I’ve been listening to this song a lot lately. I have always really liked it, but given my recent experience, it means a lot more to me now. It makes me cry, but in a good way.
Neil Finn’s music is beautiful. If you aren’t already a fan, I recommend checking him out. 7 Worlds Collide and Try Whistling This are both amazing albums.
Oh my goodness, thank you so much for your kind note. It means a lot to know that putting my experience out there for the world to see really does make a difference. I have been so inspired by all of the amazing people I’ve met who also struggle with this horrible disease.
I hope that your mother is doing well with her treatments. Give her my best. ❤
I want an orange cat. Somebody tell me it’s a bad idea. Please.
We do these types of posts a lot over on LJ. I thought I would bring them here. You’re welcome. 🙂
Jax and I have had a quiet, relaxing afternoon. The best way to spend a rainy day.
We played with the trains a lot. Jax really enjoys it when Percy and Duncan crash.
We baked muffins.
These were a big hit.
Finally, I got to do two of my favorite things, while Jax played with the iPad, which is one of his favorite things.
I’m still reading Damned, but I hope to finish it this week. It’s finally getting good.
Now it’s time to make dinner. Happy Sunday!
- I don’t know how long it will last, but I’m trying to have a more positive attitude. Stuff is hard right now, but so many others have it way worse than me. I need to keep things in perspective.
- I love Tumblr so fucking much. I have met some incredible people on here, and I want to thank you all for your support. You are all lovely. I know some people who say they don’t get Tumblr, and I feel sad for them, because this site makes me so happy. I don’t get how people don’t get Tumblr. Ha ha.
- I shaved the rest of my hair off last night. I couldn’t stand it anymore. My scalp was constantly sore. It was messy, with hair shedding all over the place, and it looked terrible. It’s much better now.
- Speaking of hair, I only have eyebrows and eyelashes left. My body has no other hair. My showers are super fast now, and my skin feels very smooth. Silver lining.
- A lot of stuff is happening at the law firm. Most of it good. It’s a bit stressful, but I’m excited about our future.
- Recently, I’ve been reconnecting with old friends and it’s awesome. I’m definitely figuring out who is important to me, and I’m going to put a lot more effort into my relationships.
- Grant and I decided where we want Jackson to go to school, and now I have some thinking to do about where I want to live. I’m free to move to the city if I want, which is what I have wanted for some time. The responsible side of me says I should move closer to the school. I don’t know what to do. I’m glad I have time to think about it. Since I’m renting, I may move to the city for a while. I can always move closer to the school later. My lease is up in June. The awesome thing about not owning a place is that I can go wherever I want. I love having that freedom.
- I had insomnia Friday night, and was thinking about all kinds of weird stuff. I suddenly remembered how much I used to love Neil Finn. So I’ve been listening to his stuff all weekend on Spotify. He’s so awesome. I can’t even.