You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
The boyfriend took this pic on the way to the Arcade Fire show yesterday:
The band requested everyone wear formal attire or a costume. It was a great show. Lots of fun. We went with Danielle and Ross, and they are always excellent company.
We made stops at 4 Hands and Square One before making our way to the venue, because beer.
waking up at 4 am to go to Walgreens to get your girlfriend UTI meds.
He’s a keeper.
Holy fuck this shit sucks!
- It’s Friday. I have much fun stuff planned for the weekend. QA show. Six Row Vanilla Strawberry beer…fuck yes!!!! Arcade Fire. So much win.
- I got my hair cut yesterday, and it was finally long enough for the cut I’ve been wanting. OMFG I was so excited when I left that salon. I was telling Dave last night that for the last year, whenever I looked in the mirror, all I could see was the cancer patient staring back at me. My hair always had (imo) that ‘growing it back after chemo’ look to it. Not anymore. It’s an actual fucking hairstyle. SO. PLEASED.
- As of Monday, I am down six pounds. I’m like a pound away from my original goal (130), but I’m going to go ahead and lose some more, because that shit wasn’t even hard. I want to see the 120s.
- My skinny jeans are too big. This means shopping. Yay for shopping.
- Every day I’m feeling slightly better than the day before. I rolled over this morning to look at Dave, and I was like ‘oh hey, I’m on my side!’ That was not possible even two days ago.
Tonight’s walk was to the Jewel Box. Turns out it’s almost exactly 5k round trip.
Aren’t the tulips beautiful? They are my favorite.
- All Easter has inspired in me is a slight depression and the overwhelming urge to eat every Cadbury egg ever made.
- My mom texted me today. I didn’t know what to say so I texted her back a picture of Jackson. I fucking fail at dealing with my family. It’s just too much, and I’m just too tired. I’m never going to get past it all, it seems. I’ve tried. Oh, how I’ve tried. But I’m just so used to being alone now, that this is the only thing that makes sense to me. Silence is easy.
- That two mile walk really kicked my ass. I feel EVERYTHING. I’m doing it again tomorrow though. Physically it sucked, but mentally it was so good.
- My boobs look fucking fantastic. I just keep looking down at them in amazement. I can’t wait to put them in a bra.
- I’m currently reading Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill because I saw eyesopenwide blog about it the other day (#27, btw). I’m a big horror fan, but somehow this escaped my attention. I’m halfway through it, and holy fuck it’s good.
- Jackson told me today that he knows the easter bunny is not real and is just a costume. He’s four. I was impressed. I didn’t bother trying to change his mind I have always felt conflicted about stuff like the easter bunny, santa, and the tooth fairy.
- Back to the office tomorrow. It will be good to get back to regular life, but I’m kind of nervous about it. Sunday night anxiety strikes again.
We went on a two mile walk this morning. It was my first post-surgery attempt at exercising, and I’m certainly feeling it now. I think it’s nap time.