Day 17: Songs I currently have on repeat.
- Back to Black — Amy Winehouse
- Whore — In This Moment
- Suffer Well — Depeche Mode
- Last Love Song — ZZ Ward
- Reckless Abandon — blink-182
Day 15: My favorite tv show(s)
Top 5 –
- Game of Thrones
- House of Cards
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Sex and the City
- The Sopranos
I read a lot of personal Tumblr blogs written by friends, but this list will concentrate on blogs written by people I don’t know in real life.
- Story by Modcloth
- A Little Earthquake – cancer blog/personal. Hasn’t been updated in a few months. I hope that changes.
- The Bloggess – I’ve always been bad about staying up to date on this one, but now it’s in my WordPress feed so yay!
- STL Hops – because beer.
- The Dressed Aesthetic – fashion blog. My favorite.
5 things I’m grateful for right now:
- Friday. Holy fuck this week was rough!
- Cat cuddles.
- Boar’s Head brand cheese.
- Books. Currently reading: Red Queen and Took.
5 things I need to work on:
- Confidence (professionally speaking).
- My grocery shopping skills.
- Drinking less.
- Exercising more.
5 things I’m excited about:
- Extra time with Jackson.
- Seeing Dave tomorrow night.
- Kid free time with Dave on Sunday.
- My pizza lunch date with Jax tomorrow after his ukelele lesson. It has been a while. We usually go every other Saturday, but life has gotten in the way recently.
- The pre-construction meeting on Tuesday morning. Fucking finally!
5 things currently annoying me:
- That lame ass colleague I felt guilted into friending on Facebook who won’t stop making asinine comments on my statuses/photos.
- My ex. For reasons. Many reasons.
- People telling me how to feel.
- People whose default response in a text conversation is “lol.” I can’t work with that, sorry.
just 5 fucking things:
- I’m itchy again and it’s freaking me out. What if it’s just stress related because I’m fucking crazy and there is nothing that can be done and ugh?
- I gained five fucking pounds during the fifteen days I was on Prednisone. I’m hoping some of it is just water weight.
- I’m oh so tired. Even after a two hour nap.
- There is a hard run and relaxing bubble bath in my immediate future.
- “Caught a lite sneeze / Dreamed a little dream / Made my own pretty hate machine.”
This is what I read in 2015. 52 books. My goal was 50. I’m halfway through #53 right now, so that will likely be finished up by the end of the weekend.
Not too shabby.
My top five of the year:
- All The Light We Cannot See
- A Little Life
- Bird Box
- Mr. Abernathy
- The Girl On The Train
I watched High Fidelity today for like the millionth time. I swear, I’ll never get tired of that movie. Anyway, one of the many reasons I like that movie is because of the top five lists. I love lists! My boyfriend has had an off day today, and so I have been inspired to make a list for him.
TOP FIVE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY BOYFRIEND:
- He’s fucking hot. For a variety of reasons: looks, intelligence, sense of humor, etc. He’s the total package of awesomeness.
- He’s trust worthy. I trust him more than I’ve ever trusted anyone ever, which is why I’ve been able to give him my entire heart. I’ve always held back in past relationships. Not anymore. I’m all in.
- He’s genuinely kind and caring. He has a big heart and a sensitive side, though he tries to hide it sometimes. I broke down his walls, which took time, but I have been so rewarded for my efforts.
- He’s fun. We always have fun together no matter what we are doing. I love our inside jokes and nicknames. I love how he always makes me laugh. He can always cheer me up when I’m having a bad day.
- He’s my best friend…my person. That really says it all, doesn’t it?