They take their trivia game very seriously.
I couldn’t be happier. ❤️
I overslept this morning so I kept my kid home from camp. I also have a headache and my joints hurt. Yay Monday! The good news is that I only have to go into the office for a couple of hours this afternoon to do some interviews. We have two left and then we have a big decision to make!!
What sounds really amazing right now is a good book, a chai latte, and a kitten pile.
Speaking of kittens, Freya and I had a long conversation yesterday about what kind of kitten we want to get when we all move in together. (Dave has surrendered to the idea that this is happening.) So we googled pics of kittens and giggled about how cute they were. ❤
I love spending time with both of the kids, but they are exhausting. That said, it’s awesome that they want to include me in everything they are doing: play hide and seek with us, play Minecraft with us, let’s play Sorry, let’s play Mario Party. It makes my heart happy.
Unfortunately, my entire day was under a bit of a dark cloud due to the family drama. The problem with associating with my family is that it brings up bad memories and puts me into a funk. I hate that my childhood unhappiness can still exert so much control over my present state of mind. I’m hopeful, however, that maybe if we can get together and make some good memories that I can start to move past it.
I have a big deposition tomorrow morning and I’m anxious about it.
Dinner date with the bestie tonight. We have much to catch up on. Sounds like we will need wine.
I wrote a poem last night. Who am I?
- We watched movies. The kids watched the second half of Jurassic Park with us. I can’t figure out if that was a parenting fail since it’s PG-13, but whatever. They liked it. Except Jackson hid under the blanket whenever the T-rex was on the screen. I kind of don’t blame him. T-rex is scary as fuck.
- We ate SO MUCH FOOD and it was delightful.
- We went to Citygarden to play in the fountains.
- These kids and their Minecraft shit. They play it constantly. I don’t get it. I’m pretty sure that means I’m old.
- The bf walked to Urban Chestnut to fill the growler with Fantasyland. ❤
- There were fireworks galore. My neighbors are very into fireworks. In fact, the fireworks show on our street was better than what we later saw in Forest Park. Next year I’m just going to sit on the back porch and skip the park.
I don’t have much to say today because it’s hot, I’m hungover, and I have a raging headache. Despite these things, I took my two favorite littles to the park earlier. We had a lot of fun, but we didn’t last long because ugh summer. Next time we are going swimming instead.
After a two hour nap, I still feel terrible. Who wants to cuddle and watch scary movies?
I slept in until almost ten this morning and it was just what I needed. I feel much more awake and with it today. I don’t know why I can’t sleep like that during the work week. (Actually I do…stupid anxiety). My doc prescribed a new med for me to try, so we shall see if that helps. I hate relying on Xanax b/c it makes me feel hungover the next day.
Lunch date with Danielle today and then whatever the day may bring.
I do have a few last minute items to pick up for the Easter gathering I’m doing for the kids tomorrow. Egg hunt!
Oh and Happy Caturday, of course!
Isn’t she beautiful? I adore her.