- We left Hilton Head this morning. Headed through North Carolina and into Tennessee. Drove through the Smoky Mountains, which are gorgeous.
- We stopped for lunch in Columbia, South Carolina and for dinner in Knoxville, TN.
- We’re staying the night in Nashville tonight and then driving back to Saint Louis in the morning.
- We have seen an amazing amount of the South during this road trip. It’s beautiful and hot and so very humid. I have really enjoyed this trip. I can’t wait to plan our next road trip.
- We have discussed renting an RV and doing a trip with our kids. I think that would be super fun.
We stopped in the bf’s hometown (Taylorville, IL) for lunch and cruised the town square, which apparently means we are going steady. ❤
Michigan bound!! Somehow we managed to fit everything in the tiny trunk. Not gonna lie…that was hard for me.
The bestie and I took a road trip to Columbia yesterday to see Tegan and Sara. I got to go to a couple of my favorite local places, which was fun. I haven’t been to Columbia just to hang out in quite some time.
Tegan and Sara were great, but the openers were really bad, and I was pretty miserable for a while. I picked what I thought were sensible shoes, but not so much, and I almost cried from how badly my feet hurt by the end of the night.
But it was all worth it because the bestie was so happy (it was her birthday present), and they played Monday, Monday, Monday, which they haven’t done in a very long time.