When we were in Punta Cana, there were bugs everywhere. Even in the room. That first night, several small roaches came in from under the door. I was freaking out because I have a serious bug phobia. I’ll always remember Dave standing over by the bar, pouring himself some scotch, and seeing him lightly stomp his foot down. I asked, “Um…what are you doing? Was that another bug?!” He was pushing it away with his foot and acting like he didn’t know what I was talking about. I know it sounds silly, but I found it to be incredibly sweet. He desperately wanted me to have a good, relaxing trip.
Eventually, I shoved a towel under the door and that solved the problem.
Today was our last full day at the resort, so we decided to go out with a bang. We rented a private cabana on the beach and it was fabulous. The waves were huge today and super fun. It was a great day, though I now have a sunburn of my own. Boo!!
Tonight we plan to dine at the French restaurant, drink, catch the Dominican show, gamble, and get our dance on at the Disco.
There are so many stray kittens running around the resort and I just want to cuddle them all. They’re too damn quick though. *sad face*
Saturday stuff. The highlights:
Flamingos ate right out of our hands.
Black jack and roulette. We won.
A fun show at the resort.
A romantic walk on the beach.
I went into the ocean earlier and got pinched by a crab. *cries* I screamed like a little bitch. Haha.
1. Poor Dave is so sunburned. I feel bad for him.
2. There is a stray cat here that I’ve been feeding. This happened last year in Cancun too. Poor little kitty. There are also tons of tiny lizards. I wish I could pet one. They are adorable.
3. I’m still a little weirded out about my client being here. Mostly because she acted so weird about it, and started drunkenly exclaiming, “Oh my god, my bankruptcy attorney is here.” She’s the one who called out to me. She even had a resort employee grab me when I didn’t hear her at first, so I wanted to be like, listen bitch, you started this awkwardness, not me. Honestly though, I think the problem is that she’s been telling me she can’t afford her case, but she’s here on an expensive vacation. (This place is pricey, but maybe she didn’t pay…idk). Ultimately, I don’t give a shit what she does. Yolo and all that. I ended up patting her on the back and telling her it’s all good. Her, not as drunk, bf gave us an out, and we bailed.
4. We have a room that has a small, private pool in the back. We have been putting it to good use, and daydreaming about the pool we are going to get when we buy a house.
5. The beach here is one of the most beautiful I’ve seen in real life. Prettier than Mexico, Jamaica, Hawaii, or Grand Cayman. The resort pool is also amazing. The swim up bars are delightful.
6. I miss my kid, and my cat, but I love getting to spend this time with Dave. We are having a great time, and I’m happy.