I’m finally coming to terms with something I’ve suspected for a long time: I’m almost certain my kid has ADHD. It’s hard to ignore the obvious symptoms any longer, as it’s negatively affecting his life. It’s time to take action. I hope his school and doctor will make this easy on us.
The first time you hold your baby and see she’s all right, you breathe a sigh of relief. You think you’ve crossed the finish line. You don’t realize that the race has just begun.
– The Good Goodbye by Carla Buckley
So very true. Being a mom is like wearing my heart outside of my body.
- My knee is so swollen. The pain was so intense yesterday, that even after various pain pills, I was lightheaded and nauseous. It’s better today, but still pretty fucked. Despite this, I did #30DS Level 3, because I was getting depressed after two days of not working out.
- Even though he will not see it, I want to give a shout out to my ex for bringing Jackson to me yesterday when I told him about my knee. I’m lucky I have such a good parenting relationship with him. The few divorced people I know are not as lucky. He’s a good guy, and a great dad. Despite everything, we are getting along, and I am thankful for that.
- I’m back on Livejournal. (just_jenn2011 for now. I’m thinking a name change is in order or maybe I should go back to the original blog: lawgirljenn?) A friend reached out to me the other day and was like we miss you over here, and so I logged in yesterday (during my bed rest). It’s good to catch up, and to have a more private space to write in from time to time.
- Danielle is doing 30 Day Shred now. I’m hoping my knee improves so I can get over there to join her. Workout buddies are the best.
- Ann brought me dinner and ice cream last night. She’s the best bestie ever. ❤
- Tonight Jackson and I have a dinner date with itsjustcarrie and we are quite excited.
- How is the weekend almost over? Friday night I was in bed by 10 pm and I slept for ten hours. It was glorious. It would have been longer, but Saturday morning I took Jax to meet up with his dad at the comic book store for Free Comic Book Day. I stood in a line for almost an hour so my kid could get some crappy free comics with his dad and feel cool. Parenting win.
- I’m so over wearing the compression garment. It’s driving me fucking crazy. And I’m way ready to start wearing a bra again. Oh and I’m ready to run. I’m also ready to get back to yoga. Recovering from surgery sucks. If my plastic surgeon recommends another fat grafting I think I’m going to say no. Fuck this shit. Besides, I’m running out of fat. Okay, I’m done whining now.
- The boobs are still looking quite excellent, btw. Looks like this round of fat grafting was a success. Cleavage is the one good thing I got from breast cancer.
- Last week I was using my space heater at the office, and today I’m bitching because it’s a touch too hot. I get like a week of weather I like per year. At least it’s almost warm enough to swim.
- Jackson won’t stop singing Let It Go. It’s both adorable and annoying.
- The bestie and I are going to Columbia on Tuesday night to see Tegan & Sara for her b-day. So excited! I want to go to Trops and Flat Branch.
- Now I’m off to swallow 6 pills of Methotrexate and 1 folic acid. I don’t want to, but my right knee is swollen to the point where walking is difficult, so I guess it’s time to get back to it.