THIS POST WILL CONTAIN GAME OF THRONES AND SILICON VALLEY SPOILERS
OMG the season finale of GoT was fucking incredible. Let’s recap the awesomeness:
- Jon is Lyanna’s daughter, which I totally knew was coming. So if Rhaegar is his father then he is a Stark/Targaryen. He and Dany are totes getting married (because that’s what Targaryens do, right?). After they annihilate the white walkers. That’s my prediction.
- When Dany named Tyrion Hand of the Queen I almost cried. It was soooooo adorable. Love them.
- Cersei. Don’t fuck with Cersei. JFC. She’s a bad ass bitch. Holy fuck.
- Tommen. Bye, bitch.
- The King in the North. Love it.
- Sansa has become one of my favorite characters. She has really grown.
- Last but definitely not least: Arya. FUCK YES. I hate Walder Frey so fucking much and when she slit his throat I cheered.
There were some amazing Silicon Valley quotes tonight:
- “Your dicks would have blown out the back of your assholes if you had seen it.”
- “My lawyer’s in jail.” (To which D remarked, “I hope I never have to say that.” haha)
I’m interested to see where they take it next season now that Erlich and Big Head own the company. Stupid fucking Richard.
Isn’t Erlich the best though? I want to smoke a bowl with him.
Oh and HBO previewed a bunch of new shows/mini series; several of which look super awesome. I def want to watch The Night Of. Divorce looks interesting as well.
My favorite show is now over for like a year. I guess it’s time to start back up with OITNB.
Just watched the Season 6 trailer for Game of Thrones.
My favorite part was when Tyrion said, “That’s what I do. I drink, and I know things.”
I love him.
I cried. A lot. Especially at the end. Heartbroken.
Game of Thrones was absolutely fucking amazing tonight. Jaw droppingly amazing. At one point I actually screamed: IT’S ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!
- Apparently, five glasses of wine plus two lorazepam equals eleven hours of uninterrupted sleep. I woke up at 11 am. That never happens.
- My joints are bothering me today, so this has been a bed/couch day for me. I’m bummed b/c I had to cancel plans over it, but this hasn’t happened in quite some time, and for that I am very grateful.
- I watched Oculus today (via Netflix). It was a decent horror movie. Worth watching, in my opinion.
- Current status: more Planet Earth. I’ll likely finish it today. Birds of Paradise are funny.
- I’m normally pretty anxious on Sundays, but I’m actually feeling optimistic about the upcoming week, and I recognize that so much of my own happiness really comes down to my attitude about life.
- I’m ready to have my kid back tomorrow. I miss him. Last week, he asked me if he could change his schedule to five days with me and then five days with his dad. I told him not now, but we could revisit the issue when he’s in high school. Not having him all the time is by far the worst part of divorce (for me).
- New Game of Thrones tonight. Squee.
I think to myself: I wish someone would give Carl a haircut, and tell him to wash his damn face.
That mullet has got to go. The zombie apocalypse is no excuse.
I’m such a mom.
- My stomach situation has become a real problem. I have a plan to fix it. I hope it works. Last night I discovered that drinking wine now makes me sick, and that is simply unacceptable.
- Jackson comes home tonight! I can’t wait. Five hours.
- I watched the last half of The Lego Movie with the bf’s daughter this morning (inspired the title of this post). It never gets old. Best kid’s movie ever. I wonder if Jackson will be into watching it tonight. Hmm…
- Oscars tonight. Meh. New episode of The Walking Dead tonight. Fuck yes. I’m finally all caught up.
- I’m also all caught up on Better Call Saul, which is brilliant. Lawyering is so much more Better Call Saul than it is Law & Order. Seriously. At least my kind of lawyering. Consumer law & criminal defense ftw!!
- Driving home this afternoon, I realized (again) just how fucking awesome my neighborhood is. I can see the city skyline from my kitchen window. I live across the street from a park and a small old church. I see the people going to church every Sunday and it makes me happy for some reason, even though church is so not my thing. I live next to the FPSE community garden. I’m only a few blocks from the Grove and all the awesomeness there (bars, shopping, restaurants). On the way, I pass a crazy looking abandoned gas station. I’m less than half a mile from Forest Park. I don’t know why I’m babbling on about this, except to say that it’s home. It’s just so interesting and fun. I love it here. I want it to warm up so I can venture out and take some pics. My old place was just down the street, but it was a gated community, far off the street, and I wasn’t really exposed to the city in the same way I am now.
- Spring break trip with the bf and the kiddos to Wisconsin Dells has been booked. *squee* I’m so excited. We had so much fun last year, and I think this year will be even better since we are all super comfortable with each other now. ❤ ❤ ❤