“Even if that is, let’s be honest, how most college romances turn into failed first marriages.”
Ignorance is bliss: I’m so glad I took my blog off the web and disabled analytics.
I slept through my alarm today. It was going off for like 45 minutes and I just didn’t hear it. That never happens. So this is my I overslept and have five minutes to get out the door look:
I kind of like it.
Luckily, I don’t have to see any clients today. Also, today is hair cut day, which is excellent because my hair is a mess. What will I do to it? That remains up in the air. I like to make
rash decisions based on fear impulsive decisions. (haha)
Yesterday I started 30 Day Shred and also ran a mile. My body is sore today, but not as sore as I expected. I’m feeling so pumped about exercise right now. Afterward, I felt amazing mentally. It’s time to get in operation balls to the wall mode.
My right knee though…it’s already fucking with me. But I want to run another half-marathon in October so suck it up, buttercup.
I started watching Fuller House last night for a distraction. I watched the first two episodes and holy fuck it’s bad. It’s a train wreck but I can’t stop watching.
If I ever have a baby girl, I’m going to name her Guinevere.
I’ve made it to level 730 on Candy Crush, and I’m still quite obsessed with Neko Atsume.
I have a WordPress blog I’ve been using recently for more private thoughts. I like it. It’s different from Tumblr, but in a good way. I obviously have this blog, and also my secondary Tumblr account @diebythedrop, which is mostly for reblogs. Additionally, I have a paper journal and a list journal. So maybe I’m a little obsessed with blogging/journaling? Writing is my favorite form of expression, and looking back at old posts/entries makes me really happy (even the sad ones).
- I have given it a week and I can officially say: I hate these new bangs. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.
- Yesterday, my bf and I joked about starting a Hole cover band, but I’d totally do it for real.
- I’m a terrible singer, but give me a couple of glasses of wine and a Xanax and I’d be all over that shit. Because I feel it. You know what I mean?
- I want to learn how to play piano. I’ve wanted to do it for years. The problem is…I don’t have a piano for practicing.
- I also want to learn to knit. But I need personal instruction. Those intro classes and YouTube videos don’t work for me.
- I want a tummy tuck. If I end up getting one, I’ll be naked whenever possible, because otherwise I think my body is pretty fucking slamming. Even with my fake nipple-less boobs. Hey…I’ve got mandala tit tats. Not many people can say the same.
- I want Claire’s wardrobe from House of Cards. I’m probably not supposed to admire her, but I totally do.
- I should have just cut all my hair off at my last appointment. It’s like I’m trying to recapture that girl I was before I lost all my hair to chemo. That cute girl with the long hair. But that girl doesn’t live here anymore.
- I’m in a purging mood. I want to get rid of everything. I have all this stuff, but none of it makes me happy. I want to start fresh in the new house. (Also, I have to learn how to share a closet again. This could be ugly.)
- What makes me happy? My people make me happy. It’s all about love. That’s what I’ve learned.
- Sometimes I giggle when I think about all the people who hated on me for getting a divorce to be with the person I loved, and now so many of them are divorced too. Suck it, haters. Get off the high horse and welcome to reality.
- I’m two glasses of wine into the night. Welcome to my early truth post.
- We watched Mac And Dennis Move To The Suburbs yesterday. Sometimes, I identify with Dennis way more than I feel comfortable with.
- The best part of today: leftover buffalo chicken dip.
Every once in a while, I check Facebook to see if the exes still have me blocked. I checked today.
It has been (almost) four years.