I loved the season finale of Girls so much that I had to re-watch it. “Grab a seat at the table and lean the fuck in,” is my new favorite quote. *love* Best advice ever.
- Welcome to my 1300th post. Crazy.
- My oncologist says I don’t have bone mets. He says it’s most likely post-mastectomy pain syndrome. Basically, it’s nerve damage caused from all the surgeries. There’s nothing to be done except take more pain meds. Apparently it’s quite common.
- I’m relieved obviously, but I’m also like wtf. I mean it’s always something, right? I have yet another chronic pain condition? Fucking seriously?
- My body clearly hates me.
- Oh and the insurance situation is so fucked. I don’t even know where to start with it. Honestly…I just can’t today.
- I hardly slept last night due to anxiety, so I am way out of it today. I can barely keep my eyes open. It’s going to be a long day.
- On a completely unrelated note: **Girls spoiler alert** I really enjoyed last night’s episode where Adam and Mimi Rose ended up hanging out with each others exes. I kept imagining myself and Dave in that situation, which was humorous. I think somebody would get cut.
- I’m ready for my weekly lunch date with the bf. I need a hug, and
I’ve been watching Girls this evening, and I just saw the episode where Hannah says:
Dave and I watched the Girls season finale last night. He has finally stopped pretending that he doesn’t like it, but he’s not happy about it. I think it’s cute.
I fell in love with Shosh when she said, “I love you so much, like to the ends of the world and back. But sometimes I love you the way that, like, I feel sorry for a monkey, like, they need so much help and they’re in such an ugly cage. You know what I mean?”
It makes sense to me.
- Last night’s episode of The Walking Dead was one of the best ever.
- Adam is my favorite character from Girls, I think. I really liked his monologue at the AA meeting in last night’s episode.
- I think I’m going to re-watch Game of Thrones Season 2. Yep, I’ve decided.
- Taxol side effects so far: PPE (hand/foot pain condition) is definitely worse. I’m exhausted, like so very tired. Mouth sores. But I was able to have a pretty normal weekend hanging with the boyfriend and friends, so that was very good. My AC weekends always sucked. Yay for being able to refer to AC chemo in the past tense. 🙂
- I haven’t had Jackson since Tuesday night, and I am so ready to pick him up from school. The long stretch away from him is the worst part about divorce. I’m not sure that is ever going to get easier.
- Ann and I are planning a trip to Nashville the weekend of 4/12, which is also my last chemo weekend. I’m excited. I need to get out of town for a while. Plus, I’ve never been to Nashville and have always wanted to check it out.
- I found (and bought) the cutest Michael Kors leather jacket at Nordstrom Rack this weekend.
- I have a cold I can’t get rid of, and it sucks. I feel crappy, but cannot purchase pseudoephedrine because OMG I might make meth so I need a prescription. Bullshit. The nurse who gave me my Neulasta shot this morning said that if I am not feeling better by tomorrow, I need to call the oncology nurse. Lovely.
- I love my new duvet cover and the cutesy throw pillows that go with it. Oh and euro pillows are awesome. Who knew? Cutesy stuff like that has an amazing ability to put me in a better mood.
- I went looking for end tables this weekend, but didn’t see anything I liked.