I was tagged by justanotherinternetbitch to answer the following questions:
- In general terms what do you do for a living? Why did you choose this career? I am a lawyer. I practice primarily in the area of consumer bankruptcy law. However, I also do traffic and minor crim. I manage my own law firm. I chose this career because I love the law and I wanted to do something that could help people.
- You are having a mid life crisis. If you could change two things about your current circumstances what would they be? I’d fix my health problems. Cancer related nonsense and psoriatic arthritis are the two biggest problems in my life. Aside from health issues, I guess I’d say I’d make more money because who doesn’t want more money? I’m not saying money can buy happiness, but it can certainly buy opportunities that lead to it.
- Why did you follow me? I believe I randomly clicked on your blog and liked what I saw. I prefer following blogs that share details about personal lives versus blogs filled with cutesy or funny pics/reblogs.
- What is the straw that would break the camels back for you in a relationship? Violence. I watched my mom be abused throughout my entire childhood. I’m never going back to that, and I would never subject my child to it.
- If you had the opportunity of a bucket list vacation where would you go? Money is not a factor. This is tough. It’s between Iceland or Tahiti. I guess I’ll go with Tahiti because it’s more expensive and much further away.
- Hugs or three feet of personal space? It depends on the person, but for most people I’d have to say personal space please. If you are talking about my son or my bf: all the hugs please.
- Do you have a hobby or a passion? My biggest hobbies are reading and running/exercising.
- Who is the person who has had the greatest impact on your life? Explain why. My grandmother. She helped shape me into the person I am today. Without her influence, I’d probably be a crack whore.
- Pick a city where we should meet, see the sights and eat the food. Where would you chose and why? Would it be weird to hang out? I’d say here in Saint Louis b/c it’s a very fun place to visit, and I could show you all the sights. I think we would have lots to talk about and would have a great time once we got past the initial awkward period that comes with being me.
- Fruit filled donuts or creme filled donuts? Creme filled. No contest.
- What was the happiest moment of your life? The moment the doctor pulled Jackson out of my body and placed him on my chest. I cried like a baby and it was the first time I ever experienced pure joy.
I was also tagged by lcunn88 to answer the following questions:
- Favorite dessert? This is hard. I like so many desserts. I’m torn between vanilla bean cheesecake & gooey butter cake. I had a piece of amazing gooey butter cake with cinnamon ice cream last night. I was hesitant b/c I haven’t worked out since before vacation, but my boyfriend told me to go for it since it was our end of summer vacation dinner. YUM. I wish I had some right now.
- Best date you ever went on? I don’t really know if this counts as a date since we had been together for over two years at this point, but the birthday dinner on the beach in Mexico was by far the most romantic experience of my life. I will remember that night forever.
- Dream job? I have it: owning my own law firm.
- Worst job you ever had? Back in college I was a waitress at TGIFriday’s. It sucked, and I was bad at it. Customer service is not my calling.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Still managing the firm, which will hopefully be even more successful. Hopefully I will have been appointed as a trustee as well. I’ll be the mother to a happy & heathy 9 year old boy (OMFG I’ll be 40!). I’d also like to be remarried, assuming things continue along their current path.
- Website besides tumblr you spend the most time on? Twitter or Instagram.
- Last movie that made you cry? The Fault In Our Stars. I sobbed.
- Favorite birthday party you had? My 35th birthday in Mexico was by far the best birthday I’ve ever had. See #2.
- Favorite meal? A well cooked ribeye with some sort of potato side dish and a glass of wine: best meal ever.
- Favorite smell? Sandalwood
- One word to describe yourself? Happy
I’m supposed to think up my own questions now and tag people, but I suck at that, and Jackson wants to play Infinity, so I’ll do it later. ❤