I kicked so much ass at court tonight.
I won’t lie though…flirting with the prosecutor helped.
I love winning.
Then I got to eat a bbq bacon burger with my boy.
And now I can finally take two pain pills for my tension headache (they knock me on my ass).
All’s well that ends well.
PS: I can’t wait to have a giant soaking tub. We meet with the builder tomorrow. *squee*
is that the week is still full of potential.
Because I need to talk about good shit.
- My kid has been very sick all weekend and I think his fever finally broke. We may be at the end of this shit.
- He spent this weekend with his dad, but now he is home with me.
- The bf and I tried Hoppy Halloween 2015 last night and it was pretty damn good. I think it’s the best beer we have made yet, and I won’t be embarrassed to serve it at the party.
- Speaking of the party, we have like 25 confirmed attendees. That’s exciting considering the first year we had seven.
- TWD season 6 premiere was solid.
- I took a two hour nap with my kid. Naps make everything better.
- White cheddar & garlic mac & cheese for dinner tonight. Mmm. It’s the kiddo’s favorite.
- I finally bought a cinnamon broom yesterday. That smell makes me so very happy.
- My kid can’t go to school tomorrow, so we will be spending a bonus day together.
- Date night tomorrow night with the bf.
- I’ve been “cleaning it out” most of the day today, and it has been strangely effective. There is also the added benefit of needing to get this place in shape for the party. Less than 2 weeks!
You know what’s weird? Having a conversation with your ex-husband, on what used to be your wedding anniversary, about his dating prospects. But it is also awesome, because I’m grateful to have such an easy going, friendly relationship with him after all that has happened. His happiness is important to me.
My kid starts kindergarten this week. What?!
My associate started today. Again…what?!
Somehow, in the great pet debate, we have come down to the following options for cats: Nebelung, Russian Blue, (orange) Siberian Cat, and a Siberian Husky. Which of these does not belong? Oh and everyone decided that, regardless of what we end up with, I have to clean up all the poop. *sigh*
Is there a bright side to poop? Maybe I need to rethink the blog title.
But man…I love the hell out of them.
I’m feeling very blah today mentally. I’m not really sure why. It started yesterday. Hopefully it will get better soon.
In an attempt to cheer the fuck up, here is a list of happy things:
- I’m off today.
- It’s a three day work week for me.
- I ordered a new pair of glasses that are super cute.
- I did a little shopping this morning, and finally picked up a Fitbit (Charge HR). I’m hoping that will provide some much needed motivation. Also, it’s purple. ❤
- Strawberry scented Olay body wash.
- Bought a new version of my favorite candle.
- Cat cuddles.
- Lunch date with the bf.
- Nice weather.
- Getting to spend every night this week with my boyfriend.
- Mario Party date tonight with Jackson.
- I’m very much excited about the 4th. We have the kids this year, and it is going to be so much fun.