I read a lot of personal Tumblr blogs written by friends, but this list will concentrate on blogs written by people I don’t know in real life.
- Story by Modcloth
- A Little Earthquake – cancer blog/personal. Hasn’t been updated in a few months. I hope that changes.
- The Bloggess – I’ve always been bad about staying up to date on this one, but now it’s in my WordPress feed so yay!
- STL Hops – because beer.
- The Dressed Aesthetic – fashion blog. My favorite.
Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret.
by Judy Blume
100%/Without a doubt/All time favorite. I still read it at least once per year.
- Allegiant – Veronica Roth
- The Lonely Polygamist – Brady Udall
- Ghost Story – Peter Straub
- How To Be A Good Wife – Emma Chapman
- Me Before You – Jojo Moyes
- Eleanor & Park – Rainbow Rowell
- Lies You Wanted To Hear – James Whitfield Thornton
- Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell
- The Never List – Koethi Zan
- If I Stay – Gayle Forman
- Reconstructing Amelia – Kimberly McCreight
- Where’d You Go Bernadette? – Maria Semple
- The Waiting – Joe Hart
- House of Glass – Sophie Littlefield
- Attachments – Ranibow Rowell
- The Magpies – Mark Edwards
- Speak – Laurie Halse Anderson
- The Martian – Andy Weir
- Breast Left Unsaid – Jude Calligros
- The Winter People – Jennifer McMahon
- Promise Not to Tell – Jennifer McMahon
- You Should Have Known – Jean Hanff Korelitz
- Before I Go – Riley Weston
- The House Next Door – Anne Rivers Siddons
- Dark Lullaby – Mayra Calvani
- Still Missing – Chevy Stevens
- Heart Shaped Box – Joe HIll
- Lineage – Joe Hart
- What Alice Forgot – Liane Moriarty
- The Guilty One – Lisa Ballantyne
- Me, Earl, and The Dying Girl – Jesse Andrews
- The River is Dark – Joe Hart
- Before I Fall – Lauren Oliver
- Charm & Strange – Stephanie Kuehn
- Complicit – Stephanie Kuehn
- Everything I Never Told You – Celeste Ng
- The Silent Sister – Diane Chamberlain
- Landline – Rainbow Rowell
- Three Wishes – Liane Moriarty
- Help For The Haunted – John Searles
- The Girl You Left Behind – Jojo Moyes
- Falling Into Place – Amy Zhang
- Big Little Lies – Liane Moriarty
- Not That Kind Of Girl – Lena Dunham
- Fifty Shades of Grey – EL James
- Flatland – Edwin Abbott
- The Tender Bar – JR Moehringer
- One Plus One – Jojo Moyes
- On A Hill – Michael Whitehouse
- The Last Letter From Your Lover– Jojo Moyes
- After I Do – Taylor Reid
- Turn Of Mind – Alice LaPlante
- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves – Karen Joy Fowler
- We Were Liars – E. Lockhart
- Conversion – Katherine Howe
- Contact – Carl Sagan
I haven’t yet decided what to read next, but I doubt I’ll finish it this year (though it’s possible). My goal was to read 36 books this year, so I’m quite pleased that I somehow managed to read 56.
My top 10 of 2014:
(in no particular order)
- The Girl You Left Behind
- Me Before You
- Not That Kind Of Girl
- Heart Shaped Box
- The Martian
- Eleanor & Park
- One Plus One
Basically, Moyes and Rowell for the win. But read The Martian if you like science fiction, because it is amazing.
I was tagged by karaisafourletterword. These are ten books that have a special place in my heart:
- In Cold Blood (by Truman Capote)
- One L (by Scott Turow)
- Gone With The Wind (by Margaret Mitchell)
- 100 Years of Solitude (by Garbriel Garcia Marquez)
- The Six Wives of Henry VIII (by Alison Weir)
- The Handmaid’s Tale (by Margaret Atwood)
- She’s Come Undone (by Wally Lamb)
- As I Lay Dying (by William Faulkner)
- The Red Tent (by Anita Diamant)
- The Red Devil: To Hell With Cancer And Back (by Katherine Russell Rich)
I tag: hardpatch itsjustcarrie honoluluorbust talknboutluvdancnboutarktecture walruswidow
This is the best book I’ve read in a long time.
I really identified with the female character, as she is depicted with a home life very similar to the one I experienced growing up. The characters and dialogue were great. I just loved it. I cried at the end, and several times throughout, of course.
It’s rare to read two really good books in a row, and now I’m worried the next one is going to be a disappointment by comparison. Next up is Lies You Wanted To Hear by James Whitfield Thomson. I always find it so difficult to pick the next book. I have a bunch of books on my “to-read” list, but it’s so hard to choose just one. I don’t enjoy reading more than one book at a time. It reminds me of college. I was an English major, so I often read three or four books at once, and I feel like you can’t really enjoy a book when you do that.
Books read so far this year:
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth
- The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall
- Ghost Story by Peter Straub
- How To Be A Good Wife by Emma Chapman
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell