Things I’ve acquired over the last couple of weeks to decorate my new apartment. As I’m sure you can tell, I’ve got a thing for birds.
I plan to hang the mirror with the poppies over my couch, but I need the maintenance guy to help me. I don’t want to fuck it up.
- Yesterday was a great day. It was Dave’s 40th birthday, and we had a lot of fun touring a bunch of local breweries. I think he had a really good day, and that makes me very happy.
- My skin is causing me a great deal of discomfort. I don’t know how I’m going to make it through 11 more treatments.
- My big toenail on my left foot is falling off. Fucking chemo side effects. Ugh. When I realized it a little bit ago, I totally flipped my shit. Kristie and Scott thought I was dying or something. I’ve never denied that I’m very dramatic.
- The apartment is coming along. My dining room table will be delivered sometime tomorrow, and I can’t wait. So far I’m really enjoying city life, though my entire routine is changing and I’m still trying to figure it out. New stores, new gym, new everything.
- I’m buying a new couch. I want a sectional, which I think will look best in my living room. Plus, my old couch is just a mess. I’m way excited about it. I’m going to go shopping this Friday and try to get it delivered on Saturday since I’ll be sitting around waiting on the cable guy anyway.
- 10 days without cable and internet at home is kind of sucky, but we are managing a lot better than I expected. Thank goodness for 4G access on the iPhone/iPad and for our blu-ray player.
- Things at the office are way busy, which is excellent.
- I’m currently reading Defending Jacob. I’m about 75 pages in and it’s great so far. I’m a sucker for crime/mystery novels; especially when the main character is a lawyer.
- There is other stuff I wanted to say but it’s gone. Gotta go to radiation. Two weeks from today will be my last treatment! (Unless that stupid machine breaks again)