Nov. 3: If you could be completely honest with no regrets, what would you say and to whom?
I was tempted to skip this prompt, since NaBloPoMo is all about writing every day and not so much about following the prompts. This prompt makes me feel weird. A big part of me has plenty I’d like to say to several people, but most of it is snarky, petty shit, which is exactly why I don’t say it. I make every attempt at being a kind person, the bigger person, and not ever going out of my way to hurt someone’s feelings. Obviously I fail at this from time to time, as nobody is perfect, but I do strive to be this sort of person every single day.
With that said, there is something I’d like to say to a person (or maybe persons) who shall remain nameless, and that is this:
When the glass is always half empty, or when nobody ever likes you but you can’t figure out why, and you are always the victim of every bad thing that has ever happened in your life, you should take a good look at yourself and realize that there is one common theme holding all of these threads together: you.
Day 28: A picture of your family.
It has been a long day, but I’m happy to end it with my loves.
Blog Challenge – Day 27.
5 years ago: September 2011
- Married (unhappily).
- Had an almost two-year-old son.
- Had not yet met the love of my life (D).
- Had just moved into the firm’s new office location. None of the current employees worked for us at this point. The firm was less than a year old.
- Was living life pre-cancer style. Still had my real boobs and super thick hair, for example. Didn’t have any real understanding of my own mortality.
- Was training to run my first 5k.
- Wanted more out of life.
Now: September 2016
- Have an almost seven-year-old son.
- Living with and loving D.
- Have a 10-year-old bonus kid/daughter.
- Successful law firm with four employees. Same office location.
- Breast cancer survivor. Fake tits. Less hair. More laid back. YOLO and all that shit.
- Have several races under my belt, including: multiple 5k, 10k, and a half-marathon.
- HAPPY. Still making plans for the future, but enjoying being present in the here and now.
Blog challenge, Day 26.
It’s still a bit messy because I ran out of hangers. I need to put hangers on my shopping list.
Running. I mostly run on the treadmill, but I’m looking forward to cooler temps so I can get in some outdoor runs. Today I did 2.3 miles.
I also enjoy hiking. I’m hoping we will get in a few hikes over the next several months. Before it gets too cold.
30 Day Shred is another fave. Jillian doesn’t play.
D and I are planning on joining Club Fitness this week. A bunch of my girlfriends do yoga and Zumba at the location closest to my house, so it seems like a good plan.
Day 23: Bullet your entire day.
- Woke up at 6 am.
- Got dressed and ready.
- Drove downtown to bankruptcy court.
- Court hearing. My client was a sweetheart.
- Head into the CWE office.
- Work. Check cases. Client meetings.
- Law firm lunch. Pizza!
- More work. Check cases. File cases.
- 3:30 pm. Leave for the weekend. Woo hoo!
- Shopping! Petsmart. World Market. Best Buy.
- Go home.
- Change into comfy clothes.
- Clean litter box.
- Decorate foyer.
- Read on couch while waiting on D to get home.
- Make dinner with D while drinking wine and listening to DMB.
- Eat. Filet and fettuccine alfredo with broccoli. Mmm.
- Open the second bottle of wine.
- Walk around the neighborhood. With our wine glasses. Ha.
- Back inside. Turn on the movie: The Blair Witch Project.
- I fell asleep and missed the end. Boo.
- Bedtime. Night, night.
B.A. English – University of California – Santa Barbara
Juris Doctorate – University of Missouri – Columbia
Fiona says it perfectly. I listened to this song a lot after my ex and I split up.