- Work stuff is stressing me out. Ugh. I get to be the attorney and the secretary for the next 28 days. God help us all. I’ve already thrown papers across the room in a fit of anger.
- But Friday is the firm Christmas Party at McGurk’s. Super excited about that. There will be much drinking.
- All this answering the phone nonsense actually brings me back to three years ago when Scott and I opened this firm. We didn’t have an assistant for approximately 8 months. Those were interesting times. Happy anniversary to B&A!
- I’m getting to spend quality time with all of my favorites this week/weekend. Danielle and I had a dinner date last night, and then I got to finally see my bf. Tonight is BFF date night with Ann. We are having a pizza and wine fueled gossip session. I get to see my sweet faced boy tonight, and then this weekend is going to be much fun. I can’t wait. Thinking of all that is what is getting me through today.
- I bought a couch on Sunday. It’s a leather sectional, and it is being delivered on Friday. I’m way excited. Merry Christmas to me.
- AHS Coven is so good that I’m willing to pay $2.99 per episode on Amazon Instant. I’m hooked after only one episode. Horror is my happy place. Is that fucked up?
- I started Allegiant, which is the last book in the Divergent series. I’ve heard some disappointing things, but I’m ready to know what is on the other side of that damn fence!
- I very much liked the number on my scale this morning (134), but I seriously need to stop obsessing over my weight. It’s unhealthy. It’s making me depressed. It’s stupid. I really wish I could take Paxil again. That stuff helps so much. Stupid BDD.
- My boyfriend thinks I’m crazy hot so that should be good enough, right?
- Plus, these boobs are out of control. Even I have to admit that I look amazing in underwear now.
- I’ll feel better once I get back into my workout routine. Running and training keep me sane.
- Okay I must leave the warmth of my office in search of Diet Pepsi (and food). I seriously need to stop running out of it. I can’t make it through the day without my caffeine.
I’m going to discuss my secret shame on the blog. I think it will help me be accountable and also work through the issues.
I weighed myself this morning at 136.9, which is my official start weight. I want to be 130. I am almost 5’7" so I’m well within my healthy weight range.
I downloaded the My Fitness Pal app to my iPhone to help keep track of my calories, and all my old info is still in there. When I started using it a couple of years ago, I weighed 146.5 and my goal was 135. It’s crazy to me that I’m now essentially 135, and it isn’t good enough, because I’ve been 130 for the last year or so. What I really want is to be 125, but that does not seem to be maintainable for me. I did see that weight during chemo though. (All of my friends told me it was a bad look, btw. All I heard from them, like a broken record: you’re too skinny. Way too skinny.“ In my (broken) mind, there isn’t such a thing.)
When I look in the mirror, I see someone who needs to lose about 20 pounds. I know that’s crazy. I really do, but my body image is completely distorted. It has been since about junior year in high school. I weighed 114 pounds and refused to eat at all during the day. I would eat one giant meal at night (totally binge eating), and that was it. I was obsessed with my weight. I was eventually (in college) diagnosed with BDD. I used to take meds for it, but those meds interfere with Tamoxifen, and so I cannot take them anymore.
A perfect example of how fucking stupid it is: My best friend is 3 pounds heavier than me, and 5 inches shorter. She thinks she needs to lose weight, but I think she looks great.
I plan to work harder on accepting and loving myself as I am, but I won’t lie and say I don’t intend to keep working to get the body I want. Part of me knows that even if I got to this ideal, I would still be unhappy. I’m always wanting more. I’m never satisfied with myself. It’s why I’m always so fucking mentally exhausted. I want to do more and be better all the time.
In the meantime, I comfort myself with the knowledge that in January my plastic surgeon is going to suck out a bunch of my fat and put it in my boobs to soften the edges of my implants. Taking fat out of my abdomen and thighs and putting it in my boobs…isn’t that every girl’s dream?