For @ohmygreyheart: things that make me happy.
*this warm blanket we got in Iceland.
*starting a new book while cozy under my favorite quilt.
*beautiful days that allow for open windows
*pine scented candles
*my beautiful cat
*my beautiful car
*looking at the plans for our new house
*this super fun dress
Life feels weird right now because, with the exception of one thing, I’m actually really happy. Things are going well for the first time in a while.
- Jackson has been really well behaved this week and a complete delight to be around. He’s so cute and so funny. We are having the greatest conversations, and doing so much bonding. I love it. I’m encouraged and thinking that maybe we have gotten past some of his behavioral issues.
- I feel great (with the exception of really bad allergies). I’ve been going to bed earlier, which helps with the fatigue I’ve been experiencing. I’ve been running and working out more. My arthritis meds are working really well. Apparently the methotrexate/celebrex combo is going to work for me. I’m thrilled about that. I feel more like myself than I have in a year.
- My hair is growing quickly, and I think I’m going to look cute with short hair.
- I’m getting past my body image issues, and I’m starting to feel really good about how I look right now. I’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback in this area, so that obviously helps, but I’ve decided I need to spend less time obsessing over this. Life’s too short.
- I’m so excited about moving. I have a lot to do, but it will be so worth it. I keep thinking about all the great things I’ll be able to do: runs in Forest Park, walking to work on nice days, walking to bars and restaurants, being more likely to do stuff I randomly feel like doing (like the art museum or botanical garden) because it will be so close. Right now I don’t do half the things I want to do because I don’t feel like making the drive. Danielle and I have so many awesome ideas. I’ll be so close to her. She’s quickly becoming my partner in crime.
- I have a vacation with Danielle planned for after radiation is over. Her dad has invited us to stay in his mansion in Austin. His swimming pool is so huge that it took two photos to capture the entire thing. Wow. I love Austin and haven’t been in several years, so I’m super excited. I really need a vacation.
I’m concentrating on the good things. I haven’t cried at all today. Go me.
Must concentrate on happy things. I’m tired of being depressed.
- Jax is going to be Mike Wazowski (from Monsters, Inc.) for Halloween. His costume is so awesome…I can’t even.
I cannot wait to see him in it. You put the candy into the stomach pouch!!! So adorable. This Halloween is going to be the best ever.
- Speaking of Halloween, my own costume is going to be fucking awesome. I have done a lot of research so this shit is going to be super authentic. There are entire websites devoted to the look, which is known as kinderwhore. I take Halloween seriously. 🙂
- Friday is law firm fun day. We are going out to celebrate Scott’s upcoming birthday. Before we go drinking, we are going to see Sinister.
- I am finally setting up a retirement plan, and my payroll company is making it super easy. It will go into effect in January. This is a huge relief.
- I’m getting a new car once Grant gets back into town and can sign over the title. I’m seriously considering a Prius. They are fuel efficient and cute. They are like a cuter, cooler version of a station wagon, and I fucking love station wagons. I’d love to get a mini, but getting Jax in the back will be a nightmare, and I just don’t like the four door models as much. But…I may go drive one just to see. Oooh or maybe a Matrix. They have that same hatch back cutesy look I like. Decisions, decisions.
- My first 5k is this Sunday. I think I’m ready. I’m going to run tonight, and then I think I’ll take it easy for the rest of the week. I’ll go to the gym, but prob won’t run. Last week, I hurt my leg and it’s still bothering me a bit. Last week I finished in 29 min 21 sec. My goal is 31 min. I created a playlist specifically designed to help me keep that pace.
- I saw a number on the scale this morning that I haven’t seen in quite some time.
- Green chili bagels with jalapeno salsa cream cheese from Einstein’s. OMG.