This was one of the more difficult lists I’ve completed so far, but it was also the most rewarding. I like that the “take action” note advises to keep adding to the list throughout the year as a way to realize the unique things that make me who I am. (Have I mentioned I adore this journal? Because I really, really love it. You can buy it here.)
My list (so far):
- good listener
- hard working
Last week’s list, which I didn’t post, was List The Ways You Can Rejuvenate Your Space. Next week’s list is: List The Things That Always Cheer You Up. I’m looking forward to that one. I’m going to use it as a self-care master list.
I have found a few more “self-discovery” type journals I plan on buying soon.
Currently going back and forth on whether I’m going to keep the date I have scheduled with a girlfriend tonight or do what my introverted heart wants to do, which is go home, drink wine, cuddle my cat, and read.
I know I’ll have fun if I go, but I’d also love to go home and relax. I’m so tired and going out always feels like so much work.
There is no good answer.
I don’t know why I even make plans. Seriously. I always do this to myself.
I’ve had three major life events in the last four years:
- breast cancer
- met the love of my life
Not necessarily in that order. In fact, the correct order is #3, #1, #2.
Each of these things changed me in several ways, but here are the highlights:
- I’m much more relaxed now. You (usually) don’t sweat the small stuff after cancer.
- I’ve learned to be truly grateful for everything/everyone I have.
- I’m happier. So much happier. It comes across in everything I do. It’s sort of old news now, but in the beginning, I had so many friends comment on how much happier and more positive I am since my divorce.
- I’ve stopped procrastinating. Life is short. The future is no place to place your better days.
I am attracted to and have had sexual encounters with women, but I have a strong preference for men.
me: ugh there are people here
I buy myself crappy boxes of chocolates, like Russell Stover, Whitman’s Sampler, or Queen Anne Cordial Cherries, and eat them in bed while I play Candy Crush or read my favorite blogs.
I listen to 90s alt rock and dance around my bedroom in my underwear.
If I’m not seeing anyone all day, I’ll just stay in my pajamas.
I sing in the shower.
And sometimes on the toilet.
I pretty much never wear pants in the house.
Dinner often consists of cheese, crackers, and a bottle of wine.
So many SATC marathons. It’s pathetic really.
i always make a wish at 11:11 pm.
I was tagged by @somecallmetracy to answer the following questions –
What Was the Last Movie You Saw? Mockingjay Part 2. I thought the last two movies should have been combined into one. I didn’t care for it much. I was bored a lot of the time.
What Was the Last Song You Listened To? Sour Girl by STP on Lithium (this morning on my way back to the city).
What Was the Last Show You Watched? Bar Rescue last night with the bf. The Jazz Katz episode.
What Was the Last Book You Read? The Boxcar Children. It’s a book I loved as a kid, so I decided to read it to Jackson.
What Was the Last Thing You Ate? A chocolate chip cookie (last night).
If You Could be Anywhere Else Right Now, Where Would You Be? Back in the private cabana on the beach in Punta Cana.
If You Could Pick a Decade to Travel Back to in Time, What Would it Be? I’d like to travel to the 1940s and go dress shopping. I love the fashion from that decade.
If You Won the Lottery, What Would Be the First Thing You’d Do? Pay off my student loans.
Which Fictional Character Would You Like to Hang Out with For the Day?Tyrion Lannister, because he is the coolest.
What Was the Last Fandom You Joined? Game of Thrones. I enjoy dressing up and watching the show. I’m about to purchase a Cersei costume.
Since I have acquired approximately 1,882 new followers in the last couple of weeks, I figured it was time to do another “about me” post.
- I’m 36-years-old.
- But I’m pretty sure I’ll always see myself as a young girl trying to fake it till I make it.
- I’m divorced, but in a serious long term relationship.
- I’m a mom to an almost six-year-old boy.
- I’m a lawyer. I like it most days, love it others, and occasionally hate it. But there is nothing else in the world for which I am better suited. I’m good at what I do.
- I have 7 piercings and 4 tattoos, unless you count my radiation tattoos (tiny dots), then I have 10.
- I love cats, spicy foods, horror movies, the color pink, girly dresses, DMB, Game of Thrones, It’s Always Sunny, traveling, booze, Mini Coopers, excessive eyeliner, sandalwood based scents, sleeping, sex, medium rare rib-eye steaks, shit with birds on it, polka dots, fashion, and reading. Just to name a few.
- Breast cancer survivor.
- My top five favorite books are: (1) One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, (2) The Red Tent by Anita Diamant, (3) The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood, (4) She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb, and (5) Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell.
- I’m emotional. I feel all the things, all the time. I also tend to be a bit dramatic.
- I’m introverted (despite the bf’s assertions to the contrary).
- I love blogging/journaling/whatever you want to call it. I enjoy writing it out.
- I live in St. Louis and I love it here. I haven’t always felt this way, however. My childhood was a bit of a shit show and it sort of affected the way I felt about my surroundings for a while. I wanted to escape.
- I lived in Southern California for a few years during college. It was cool, but not really my scene. That’s how I discovered I’m really a Midwestern girl at heart.
- My favorite thing I’ve ever done: hiking through the Icelandic wilderness/mountains for 3 days.
- I hope to do the same in Peru sometime soon.
- Five of my favorite movies are (1) The Big Lebowski, (2) Waterloo Bridge, (3) 28 Days Later, (4) Beetlejuice, and (5) High Fidelity.
- I met Jeff Bridges once. I love him.
- Words I try to live by:
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou.
- also, “I am mine before I am ever anyone else’s.” Nayyirah Waheed.
- and finally, “The future is no place to place your better days.” DMB.