2015 has been amazing. So many good memories.
- First post of 2015! I couldn’t skip blogging today. That would just be wrong.
- I’ve noticed that a lot of inactive blogs have started posting again recently. There’s just something about the start of a new year that gets people motivated. I like it.
- I read an article recently that described a study in which people read old diary/blog entries that were rather mundane…just day to day I did this, I did that type of stuff. According to the study, people experienced a surprising amount of joy in going back and reading that stuff. I have always found that to be the case, which is why I will sometimes force myself to blog/journal even when I don’t have anything particularly interesting to say. I read old entries fairly often.
- Today was a productive start to the new year. I got some cleaning done. The Christmas tree and decorations have been banished to the storage closet. I got some packing done. Spent quality time with the kid, and I have also been doing a bunch of reading.
- The book I’m reading right now is so amazing that I’m having a difficult time putting it down. It’s so beautifully written and just completely captivating. I have teared up several times in the first 200 pages. I haven’t felt this way about a book since One Hundred Years of Solitude. I’m thinking it will be a new favorite. If you like historical fiction and/or World War II era novels, I highly recommend it. All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.
- Oh and the bf and I watched The Interview last night. I highly recommend that as well. We thought it was hilarious.
- I found my knitting stuff while I was packing up one of the closets. I’m going to give that a go again, I think.
- I’ve officially known my boyfriend for three years now, and he had the best time making fun of me yesterday for all of my, “Three years ago we were…” type comments. I’m a very sentimental (read that as: sappy) person. I can’t help it. It’s just still so strange to me what a difference three years can make.