This morning is off to a good start. Hot sex. Down three pounds on the scale! Woot. Let’s keep this momentum going please!
Author Archives: Just Jenn
- D wants me to blog, and so blog I shall.
- I walked/ran 2.5 miles tonight. I had to dig deep. I did 1.5 the day before. Baby steps.
- But…I joined Club Fitness tonight so I’m ready to get my pump on.
- And tomorrow I have my weekly meeting with my trainer, so go me.
- I’ve been consuming way less alcohol as well. *pats self on back*
- Currently reading two books: The Vanishing Year & Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail.
- Last night I finished Tiny Beautiful Things and absolutely loved it.
- Reading is my jam.
- So is Obama 2020. I adore Michelle Obama.
- My ex texted me today and asked me to call and help him pick out health insurance, which I did because what was I going to say, but I’m giving him all the side eye right now. Like why can’t he do anything on his own?
- Tonight I tucked Freya into bed and she gave me a kiss on the cheek. *heart melted*
me before you
Yesterday, I was hardly on social media at all (and hadn’t been for a couple of days). Instead, I read, napped, ran, cleaned, hung out with the kids, watched tv with Dave, etc. I was in a great mood, despite the fact that I was feeling poorly. I started thinking about stuff I want to do: like sign up for a painting class, get back to knitting, shredding (30DS), thrifting, hiking, etc.
Today, I checked out Facebook and scrolled Tumblr and I’m in a much worse mood. I’m feeling blah and vaguely annoyed, though I can’t even articulate why. I’m wondering if I should deactivate my Facebook account for a while and also limit my Tumblr consumption. Maybe even unfollow some people. I follow too many people. It’s hard to keep up. It begins to feel like a chore. On top of that, then I see things about people whom I normally like that makes me not like them and then I’m conflicted and just ugh…this is unnecessary stress. I have way more important things to be worrying about.
When I limit myself to certain blogs, Instagram, and my own blogging, things feel much more positive. I don’t want to be one of those people who stick my head in the sand, but I also don’t see the point of beating myself over the head with nonsense. Social media nowadays is a deluge of “The world is coming to an end” versus “Stop being a whiny little bitch.” Opinions are like assholes: everyone has one. That doesn’t mean that I want and/or need to see/hear yours all the fucking time.
So yeah…I think I may be done with social media for a while. I need more positivity in my life.
The super moon is fucking awesome.
i love my friends ❤️
great idea, bad execution
We went to the brand new cat cafe tonight and it was a major disappointment: stale, unappetizing food, incompetent (and sort of rude) staff, not enough cats, not enough space. I was really looking forward to this being awesome, but not so much. They just opened this weekend, so maybe things will get better with time. Freya is going back next weekend with her mom, so I’m looking forward to hearing if it gets better.
Just another reason to go to Tokyo. I hear their cat cafes are epic.
what’s the story, morning glory?
- We finally have WiFi. You have never seen a happier family. Haha.
- I’ve been all about the reading lately. It’s all I want to do.
- Danielle & Ross came out to visit today. This was their first time seeing the house. We got another bottle of wine (yay!) which we drank at like noon. Haha. I love giving the tour of the house. It’s fun.
- Tonight is D&D and pizza with the kiddos.
- OMG you guys…we can watch Netflix again. I plan on doing a It’s Always Sunny binge watch after the kids go to bed tonight.
- I’ve been trying to stay off the internet as much as possible. For reasons.
- LOVE. It’s all about love. I’m going to keep spreading love. I’m going to be positive. I’m going to be the change I wish to see.