Nov. 1: When you’re having a bad day with your mental health, what do you do to help yourself?
I have, thankfully, been having far fewer bad mental health days in the last year or so, but it still comes up from time to time. Whenever I’m having a bad mental health day (or just a bad day in general) I like to do the following:
- run: that runner’s high is the shit. running always helps!
- take a bubble bath (by candle light)
- aromatherapy (lotions, candles, sprays, oils)
- listen to soothing music
- journal/blog it out
- smoke weed and watch dmb videos and/or it’s always sunny
- color and/or draw
- read: reading is my favorite escape from reality.
- clean, organize, and make to-do lists: this makes me feel like i’m in control.
- watch cat videos (yes i’m that person)