Blog Challenge – Day 27.
5 years ago: September 2011
- Married (unhappily).
- Had an almost two-year-old son.
- Had not yet met the love of my life (D).
- Had just moved into the firm’s new office location. None of the current employees worked for us at this point. The firm was less than a year old.
- Was living life pre-cancer style. Still had my real boobs and super thick hair, for example. Didn’t have any real understanding of my own mortality.
- Was training to run my first 5k.
- Wanted more out of life.
Now: September 2016
- Have an almost seven-year-old son.
- Living with and loving D.
- Have a 10-year-old bonus kid/daughter.
- Successful law firm with four employees. Same office location.
- Breast cancer survivor. Fake tits. Less hair. More laid back. YOLO and all that shit.
- Have several races under my belt, including: multiple 5k, 10k, and a half-marathon.
- HAPPY. Still making plans for the future, but enjoying being present in the here and now.