and so you get seven:
- This was a great weekend and it went by way too quickly.
- But…I’m off tomorrow, so yay. I have a bunch of stuff I need to do, but I’m definitely working in a mani/pedi. I’m in desperate need of one.
- We spent the majority of Saturday (afternoon & evening) outside, and now I’m covered in bug bites. Ugh. What is it about me that is so fucking attractive to mosquitoes? Dave doesn’t appear to have even one bite. Meanwhile, I have like 20. Calamine, tea tree oil, and Benadryl are my new besties.
- Can we just fast forward to winter so that all the bugs can fuck off and die? Okay, thanks.
- Today was shopping/home improvement day. We went to Michael’s, Target, and Lowe’s. We bought stuff to decorate the entry way. We bought a super cute rug for the breakfast room. And various other decorative items. Everything is coming together quite nicely, and it is starting to feel quite homey. I love it.
- Ooh I almost forgot the best part! Our awesome pal, Rob, helped D get my old sectional out of the basement and into the 2nd floor family room. Then today D and I (well mostly D…ha) hung up a bunch of family photographs, art, curtains, etc. The room is super comfortable and cozy now. The kids are going to be so surprised when they see it tomorrow night. It’s going to be the perfect spot for movie and game nights.
- We enjoyed our adult weekend, but we are ready for our kids to come home now.