It sucks knowing that there is someone out there who thinks so poorly of me that it makes more sense to her to think that I did something to deliberately hurt her than to consider that maybe it was just an accident.
My kid is registered for kindergarten.
I cried. Duh.
- If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. I’ve been telling myself this all day.
- It’s hard though. It’s so fucking hard. *bites tongue*
- It’s not worth it. It never is.
- I love Monday afternoon lunches with the bf. We usually end up at Ferguson Brewery or Trailhead. It makes for a fantastic start to the week.
- Tomorrow is Kindergarten registration day and I still can’t believe it’s really happening.
- My knee hurts.
- I’m still so tired.
- You can’t fix other people’s crazy.
- I’ve been singing Drive In Drive Out all day, especially the part that says “I laugh at what I cannot change, and I throw it all on the pyre again.” Seems fitting today.
- I’m already excited about Friday night. We have a hot date planned. ❤
- There is a pot-laced chocolate bar in my future.
- Living well is the best revenge.
Your heart makes my heart a better place. Yep, that’s what it does. I love you.
- The bf and I went to the beer festival this afternoon. (Wolpertinger)
- His ex-wife was there with her bf, and she came up to us and said hi. She even introduced us to her bf. This may not seem like a big deal, but if you would have asked me 2 ½ years ago if that was a possibility I would have told you no fucking way. It was pretty ballsy of her to do it, and you could tell she was nervous, but it was really fucking cool. So…shout out to her for being awesome.
- That’s not to say it wasn’t super strange, because it definitely was. I still can’t believe it actually happened. It made my bf really happy though, and that makes me happy.
- It’s interesting b/c recently I have had a few conversations with my ex that have led me to believe that he’s in a good place right now. He seems happy. All of the bitterness seems to have faded away. It sounds like he may have a gf (or potential gf) that he’s really into. I hope it works out. I want him to be happy. He deserves it.
- There was a lot of good beer this afternoon, but the Wolpertinger beer was so nasty that I almost spit it out. Ugh. Try harder next year, UCBC.
- I haven’t been able to stay up past 9:30 pm the last two nights, and it’s not looking much better tonight. This jet lag has got to go.
- The best part of today: I got three hugs/cuddles from the bf’s daughter. That made my heart happy. Progress!!
Yesterday was National Reading Day and today is National Readathon Day. In honor of this, here is a list of books I’ve read in January:
- The Borgia Appocalypse
- All The Light We Cannot See (Doerr)
- Honeymoon in Paris (Moyes)
- You (Caroline Kepnes)
- All The Bright Places (Nivens)
- Revival (King)
- The Girl On The Train (Hawkins)
- Descent (Johnston)
Currently reading: Her by Harriet Lane
#2, #7, and #8 were really great.
- I’m still exhausted from Iceland and trying to adjust to the time zone change. It’s a bitch.
- Last night, Dave and I drank our Welcome Back to America Pale Ale (yum) and watched two new episodes of It’s Always Sunny. The first one (The Gang Beats Boggs) was fucking hilarious. (I can’t really remember the second one because I kept falling asleep.) I’m so glad it’s back. Best show ever.
- Next week I’m registering Jackson for kindergarten. What. The. Fuck. How is this even possible? Where did the time go?
- I have a bunch of stuff on my desk and absolutely zero desire to do anything with it. It’s so hard coming back to work after a fabulous vacation. I spent most of my day yesterday going through the 292 unread emails in my inbox.
- I’m looking forward to a great weekend with my boy. I promised him we would cuddle, watch movies, and play board games. I’m also looking forward to Wolpertinger (beer festival) on Sunday afternoon. This year will be even better than the last b/c the bf will be with me. Yay! We love these beer drinking events.
Today is my brother’s birthday. He would have been 28 years old.
I still can’t believe he’s gone.