I know some people hate New Years resolutions, but I love them. Here is what I hope to accomplish in 2015:
- Read 50 books. This should be easy. I surpassed that this year.
- Be more active. I’m not putting any pressure on myself about a certain number of times per week I need to be exercising. (In fact, I plan on canceling my gym memberships.) I just want to run and walk more. Maybe ride my bike. I don’t want it to feel like a chore. I’m over that. I’m never going to be that super fit chick. I’m never going to hit the gym every single day. That’s just not me.
- Be more body positive. Finishing up my reconstruction has helped a lot with this, but I still need to work at it. I am way too critical of myself, and it really brings me down. That’s silly. I am beautiful. Inside and out. It’s time to start acting like it. I’m going to own that in 2015. I’m done with being my own worst enemy. I’m 35 years old. I’m over it. I even told the bf that I want to be naked on the beach in Belize next year because fuck it that’s why.
- Strengthen relationships with friends and family. I’ve already started on this one, and it makes my heart happy.
- Travel. On the list so far: Iceland, Boston, Wisconsin, Chicago, Hawaii, and Belize.
- Try something new every month. It can be anything: a new food, restaurant, hairstyle, activity…you get the idea.
- Be more present. Less social media. Less cell phone. Less work distractions. My people deserve more of my attention.
I think these are reasonable. It’s not like I’m foolish enough to think I’m going to magically turn into some super fabulous version of myself or something. However, I do want to be constantly improving. Otherwise, what’s the point?