in which today sucked. Because it totally sucked, like super hard.
- Terrible weather and crappy roads caused a delayed commute from the boyfriend’s house to my office. I rushed about in a tizzy, even skipping my morning shower, just to find out that the first appointment canceled because of the weather. Of course.
- First thing after walking into my office, I get stuck on the phone with a high maintenance and very long winded client that I took over from my partner because I’m
an idiottoo nice. That killed my first hour.
- I begin working on a case to discover a very big problem that should have been caught by the person working on it before me. Now I have to clean up the mess. I’m not amused. The client will be even less amused, I’m sure.
- Various people talked shit to me via email. I responded in a similar manner. Heated email wars commenced.
- I found out that a hearing I agreed to cover for my partner is not anything like what was described. I thought I was going to a routine hearing on a traffic matter. Instead, I was going to the city criminal court for a bench trial, for which we were not prepared, and for which we had not yet been paid. It was an interesting afternoon. (One thing I will say about criminal defense, it’s way more exciting than bankruptcy.)
- This client did not have all of my money. Shocker.
- I had to walk half a mile in the previously mentioned crappy weather (14 degrees with snow and ice covering the sidewalks), in a dress, to get to the trial. I was fucking freezing by the time I got inside.
- I walked through several unavoidable puddles, and my feet got wet.
- When I got back to my car, I had a parking ticket.
- When I started my car, it wasn’t functioning properly because it was so cold, and it told me repeatedly that a door was ajar, even though it wasn’t. This continued even after I pulled over and proceeded to open and close all four of the doors…twice.
- I didn’t get a chance to eat breakfast or lunch, which lead to a mind numbing headache developing.
- Right as I was about to leave my office to head home, a douche bag called to continue our email argument over the phone. This was a bad idea on his part.
- I don’t have my kid tonight like I’m supposed to, because the weekly schedule has been changed up due to a death in my ex’s family. So I’m at home now (thank god), but I miss my kid, whom I haven’t seen since Thursday morning.
Fuck this day.