This is my list of books read so far this year. My goal is to read at least 24 books in 2013, and I’m almost there. I’m very much enjoying working toward achieving this goal. I’m loving it even more now that I’ve upgraded to a Kindle Paperwhite.
- The Sorrows (by Jonathan Janz)
- The Fault in Our Stars (John Green)
- The Red Devil: To Hell With Cancer and Back(Katherine Russel Rich)
- Damned (Chuck Palahniuk)
- Gone Girl (Gillian Flynn)
- Dark Places (Gillian Flynn)
- Scratch (Brian Keene)
- The Passage (Justin Cronin)
- An Abundance of Katherines (John Green)
- Six Years (Harlan Coben)
- Afterwards (Rosamund Lupton)
- Rocking the Pink (Laura Roppe)
- The Dinner (Herman Koch)
- Defending Jacob (William Landay)
- Aftertime (Sophie Littlefield)
- Survivors (Sophie Littlefield)
- Brothers and Bones (James Hankins)
- The Interestings (Meg Wolitzer)
- The Silent Wife (A.S.A. Harrison)
The standouts on the list: The Fault In Our Stars, Gone Girl, Defending Jacob, and The Red Devil.
Last night I started #20: The Atlantis Gene. So far, so good. I’m a sucker for a good sci fi novel. I’m probably going to read a couple of books this week, because I’ll be on vacation. I’m thinking about re-reading The Ruins, because I’ll be in Mexico next weekend, so the theme is fitting, even though I’m not planning to see any ruins this time around. Also on my short list: The Husband’s Secret.