Life feels weird right now because, with the exception of one thing, I’m actually really happy. Things are going well for the first time in a while.
- Jackson has been really well behaved this week and a complete delight to be around. He’s so cute and so funny. We are having the greatest conversations, and doing so much bonding. I love it. I’m encouraged and thinking that maybe we have gotten past some of his behavioral issues.
- I feel great (with the exception of really bad allergies). I’ve been going to bed earlier, which helps with the fatigue I’ve been experiencing. I’ve been running and working out more. My arthritis meds are working really well. Apparently the methotrexate/celebrex combo is going to work for me. I’m thrilled about that. I feel more like myself than I have in a year.
- My hair is growing quickly, and I think I’m going to look cute with short hair.
- I’m getting past my body image issues, and I’m starting to feel really good about how I look right now. I’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback in this area, so that obviously helps, but I’ve decided I need to spend less time obsessing over this. Life’s too short.
- I’m so excited about moving. I have a lot to do, but it will be so worth it. I keep thinking about all the great things I’ll be able to do: runs in Forest Park, walking to work on nice days, walking to bars and restaurants, being more likely to do stuff I randomly feel like doing (like the art museum or botanical garden) because it will be so close. Right now I don’t do half the things I want to do because I don’t feel like making the drive. Danielle and I have so many awesome ideas. I’ll be so close to her. She’s quickly becoming my partner in crime.
- I have a vacation with Danielle planned for after radiation is over. Her dad has invited us to stay in his mansion in Austin. His swimming pool is so huge that it took two photos to capture the entire thing. Wow. I love Austin and haven’t been in several years, so I’m super excited. I really need a vacation.
I’m concentrating on the good things. I haven’t cried at all today. Go me.